Chapter 28

Kendall

 "Kendall, are you okay?" Kevin knocked on my door for the millionth time. "Buddy, let's talk."

"No." I curled back into my bed clutching my pillow.

"I'll knock this damn door down." He threatened.

"Go ahead!" I screamed, a silent moment was quickly followed my a loud bang.

"You just got back together like two weeks ago, how the hell are you giving her up?! This is not like you." The hallway grew silent again. "Look, i'm going over to pick up Kim and go rent movies. Do you need anything on my way back? I can go get whatever and bring it before I leave." He offered, again I didn't answer. He sighed. "Don't do anything stupid." 

I heard his footsteps down the stairs, and the door shut. My parents were at a birthday party, they wouldn't be home until midnight or later. 

A drop of liquid landed on my hand. A tear.

Kevin was right, I wouldn't risk losing her again. Not after all we went through. But, he didn't know her like I do. Her parents never approved of us, I knew her father well, he never broke a promise, or a threat. I do have some money saved up in my bank account but lets face it, it's not because I have a job, in fact, I've never had a job, no one hired me. I'm still shocked I had bought my house in Vegas. But everything was money from my birthday, or some extra cash from mowing the old lady down the street's lawn. 

I had no future. I was just some stupid guy wasting time, and wasting my girlfriend's life. We're different. She has a bright future, and needs a man to take care of her. Not struggling with a guy like me. She can never know I was the one who saved her life, I can't let her know. Those were the last thoughts I had before my eyes shut.

***

I woke up startled by a loud thump in the house. 

"Who's there?" I asked, "Kevin?"

Nothing.

I quickly got up and headed downstairs. I quickly noticed it was not my parent's house, some random one I had happened to know.

"Hello?"  

"Daddy?" A little voice called out. My eyes widened. In the living room was a little black haired boy with a tiny green plaid shirt with a beanie. 

"What's up buddy?" My lips automatically moved as if I had thought of it.

"Where's mommy?" He pouted.

"She's at the store right now, she'll be back soon."

"Okay, daddy! Come sit down with me." He ran to the couch and jumped to take a seat. I followed him and as he watched the television. I noticed he had familiar features.. His smile, I have seen before.. on a girl I love... He lay down and rested his head on my lap.

"Getting comfortable, big man?" I smiled.

"Umhm." He agreed.

"Hey guys, I'm home!" Said a female voice, my lips formed my smile as I recognized her voice. 

"Mommy!" The little boy screamed as he ran into her arms.

"Christina." I smiled.

"Hey babe." She kissed me. The little boy wrapped each arm around my leg and hers. I picked him up and we both gave him a kiss on each cheek.

This couldn't get better, I thought to myself as I looked out the window. A shiny black Bugatti stopped in the front, and a blonde chick walked out. I had just recognized her before she pulled out a gun and pointed it at the window. I handed over the boy to Christina and covered them with my body.

"EMILY, NO!"