Chapter 29

Christina

I woke up in the middle of the night, waking up from a horrible nightmare. Just then I realized I was far from comfortable than I usually was at night. I pushed the sheets aside as I sat up. All I remembered was getting home to a fight with my parents, locking myself in my room and crying. Kendall wouldn't answer my calls, or texts.

"Please, Mr. Masen. You have to listen."

"No, no. You've harmed her enough." I heard my father tell someone

Right there quickly I stood up and wiped my tears. Was it was it who I thought it was? I quickly put on some skinny jeans and an old dark red v-neck with my leather jacket on top. My hand hit the doorknob as I opened the door. As I paced quickly down the hallway, I noticed it was not who I expected.

"My brother is a wreck right now. He knows he has to stay away from her, and he will, but only for her own good. You do not understand how much they love each other." Kevin pleaded.

"Look, Kevin. You're a really nice boy. You really are, but you're completely different from him. I don't want him hurting my daughter."

"Mr. Masen, but he is the one who saved her, he was the one who took the substance out of her-" Kevin got interrupted.

"Kevin, go home. It's midnight. Your mom must be worrying."

"Where is Christina?"

"She's at a friend's house." My father answered.

"Whose house?"

"Goodnight." My father slammed the door shut. No doubt right in Kevin's face. I quickly ran to the room and quietly shut it. As I leaned against the door I kept replaying Kevin's last words, I remembered my blurry memory from the hospital.

I felt the air brush against my skin as they rushed me into the ER.

"Ah there he is." I heard a deep male voice, over the loud beating of my heart.

"Needed help?" A familiar voiced asked... Kendall. My brain forced my lips to say his name, but nothing moved them.

"She has some sort of thing that was supposed to make her sleep. Her friends said, it was something about her boyfriend. Obviously some type of abuse going on here." The doctor announced, my mind went over to Colton. My blood quickly boiled.

Silent moments passed, and I felt my fingers tremble, then my hands, then my arms, and next thing I knew my entire body twitched. I slowly felt myself dying.

"We can't stop her from moving. It's affecting her too much." It seemed as if the other doctor was right, I trembled even more as he spoke. Soft groans escaped my lips.

"Can't you take it out already?!" Kendall screamed.

"We could but we need help, we can't hold her down, and controlling her oxygen ." I kept trying to stop myself but I couldn't.

"B-But.. I."

"Do it now! We don't have much time left!" I felt my muscles tense and relax as my heart faded into the room, and the heart monitor slowed.

"NO!" I heard someone scream as my vision went black, and I couldn't see anymore.

I was back in my room, clutching my heart. Tears rolling down my eyes.

Did Kendall save me?

He didn't know if I was going to take him back. After all those things he saw.. Colton kissing me.. At the party, and the night he had.. attacked me.