Chapter 30 {FINAL CHAPTER}

We were now laying down in his bed, surrounded by silence. His arms were around my waist and his chin was on my shoulder, as we both looked out the bedroom window looking at the full moon. The dim moonlight shining through the glass. Words could not express how peaceful I felt. How much I wanted this moment to last forever, just staying here with him.

 "Well that was different." Kendall spoke. I giggled, reaching back to run my fingers through his blond hair. He nuzzled his face into my neck. 

"You're chatty and cheerful tonight." I pointed out.

"I know right?" He raised the pitch in his voice, like he always did when he was sarcastic.

I squirmed around in his arms, facing him, I pressed my lips against his.

"So where does this leave us?" I asked. He sighed and looked down at my hands.  Kendall his arm away from my waist, placing our hands together, letting his fingers intertwined with mine. 

"I don't know. You tell me." He kissed the back of my hand. "Are you willing to accept the compromise?" He smiled.

Distance. 

"You're asking me to go across the country without you."

"You'll have to come back during breaks to visit your parents. And I'll be here waiting."  His green eyes brightened, and I knew he was just imagining the day I would come back and run into his arms. The radio on his bedside table hit 2:35 AM, the thin, soft sound of a song was playing, it seemed to play along with that moment. 

We are, we are 

Young and dumb 

Always chasing something 

We are, we are 

Hearts like drums 

You can hear us coming 

 "What song is that?" 

"I think it's called "We Are" some boy band sings it." Kendall shrugged.

"That's a nice song." I smiled.

"I like it too. Chances, you know there's nothing wrong with taking chances We put it on the line Oh, someday I know we’re gonna be somebody someday, Only gotta try.." Kendall continued to sing the song until it faded away.

"Deal." I answered. Kendall looked at me. "I'll go to the University."

Kendall literally threw himself on top of me, placing kisses all over my face. This was definitely something I was going to miss deeply. Moments later he jumped off the bed, put his underwear on, and wiggled into his tight pants. Right there I realized something.

"Oh no!" I sat up. Kendall jumped. "Your parents are going to be home."

"Okay." He shrugged.

"They can't see me here!"

"They're okay with it."

"They're okay with it?" I sat there in shock.

 "With you being over for the night, as long as there wasn't any... you know.. But tonight, whatever they don't know, won't kill them."

"Oh, guess I'll stay over then."  I bit my lip. His bare torso turned, and his face brigthened. 

"Good, 'cause I wasn't planning on letting you go tonight." His green eyes gazed into mine. "Now hurry up and get dressed. We are going to a party." He winked.

***

We both arrived at Kim's beach house, and a lot of things had changed since we were last here, months ago. I bit the tip of my tongue remembering that horrible day. I felt Kendall's arm wrap around my waist. As I looked up to him, his lips formed a smile.