Chapter 19

Christina

"N-Nothing," I stuttered.

"Did Colton hit you?!" Kevin instantly got angry.

"No. No! Why did you think that?" I said.

"Christina, you have a black eye." Kim added. Immediately I checked the mirror, they were right. There was a purple bruise around my eye.

"Alright fine. It is a black eye," Kevin gasped in horror. "But it wasn't because of Colton!" I added. "I got jumped right now."

"What?!" They both said in unison. I hushed them.

"Not here." I signaled them to the door.

***

We were at Starbucks each with a cup of coffee.

"Jumped? Where?!"

"In a dark alley." I lied.

"We gotta call the police." Kevin pulled out his phone.

"Yes." Kim agreed.

"Nope. No. Nope can't do." I took the phone out of his hands.

"We should get who ever did it, arrested!"

"Kevin, it's fine. Just a punch, besides I don't know what they looked like. It's dark outside."

"Just one punch?" He asked. He is obviously not buying it, but I just don't want them to know.

"Yes, I quickly got them off me and ran, they didn't get a chance to steal anything. I'm strong. Don't you know?" I giggled. He laughed.

"Those times you were over at our house, and you always got to wrestle-" He stopped in mid-sentence.

"Kevin, it's okay." I assured him. Kim smiled.

"Kendall and Christina used to wrestle against each other." Kevin wrapped his arm around her. "Many times, sometimes I thought they were roughly making out, in his room."

"That's true." I laughed. "So.." I sighed. "How is he?"

"He hasn't called you?" Kim was confused.

"No, not really. I haven't seen him or anything. I just got a text today," I gulped. "I forgot to answer, it."

"Well, he's fine. We just came back from visiting him. He seems alright." Kevin tried to avoid the topic, but I felt the urge to ask.

"Is he with Emily?" My heart ached for the answer.

"So, how's Colton?" Kevin tried to avoid the question, Kim shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"He's alright." I said. We all grew silent. "I'm guessing either you think I don't wanna know the answer or he told you not to tell?"

"We just don't like to talk about it with you. It brings us bad memories." Kim crossed her arms. "It's our fault you're both in the situation you are."

"No, no. It's not. Don't even think about it." I said, Kim's tears failed and slid down her cheeks.

"Christina, if it wasn't for us, you could have been hanging your wedding dress in your closet right now." Kevin spoke up, immediately regretting it. "Oh god, no. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay, we can't avoid reality." I tried to hide the water in my eyes.

Kevin was right, if nothing would have happened that night, I would have been the happiest girl in the world. My left hand would have a ring on it. I would be sitting here with Kendall by my side.

Without a black eye, of course.

"We're sorry." Kim apologized.

"No, don't be. Things would have gone right. Emily is the one who showed up. If there's someone to blame, it's her........ and me. I'm the one who didn't fight for him... For us.."

We heard bells ring after the door was open, and we were soon joined by him.

"Hey guys." Colton looked at me and smiled. "I don't remember you telling me you were here."