Chapter 15

Christina

Colton and I were driving home one night after a dinner we had with his friends. I got to meet them and be introduced as his date. It was amazing, we laughed the entire time. I could not imagine a sweeter guy like Kendall.

Kendall?

Why did I think Kendall?

I shook my head. He burst out laughing.

"Did you just shake your head?" He asked.

"I guess so." I giggled.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked. You don't wanna know. I added in my head.

"Tell me.." He insisted, he placed his warm hand on mine.

"I don't know much about you." I said.

"Well my name is Colton."

"I know that silly." I playfully punched his arm.

"I'm from Kansas, grew up in a small town not far from Wichita. Where I was born.", He smiled. I gulped.

This sounded familiar.

"What else?"

"I had an older brother and 2 older sisters." His eyes watered, he stared at the road ahead of us.

"Had?" I asked. My heart fell. I had an idea where this was going.

"They're dead." His voice broke at the last word.

"I-I am so sorry."

"It's fine." Tears fell down his cheek.

"Colton, don't cry." I hugged his arm, laying my head on his shoulder.

"It was my fault they died. I hate myself for it."

"Don't say that!" I wiped away his tears.

"They told me to drive them home from a party, but I told them to tell another one of their friends because I was too busy with my back-then girlfriend." He stopped the car on the side of the road, he shut his eyes. "I never noticed they were drunk. It was over the phone. Next thing I knew, some officer called me to tell me that they were in a car crash." He looked out the driver's window. I followed his gaze.

Out in the night, small lights lit a small portion of grass by the road, as my eyes fixed in the night. 4 white crosses showed up. Surrounded by flowers, stuffed animals and pictures.

"When was this?"

"Five months ago."

"And the girlfriend?"

"Dumped me because she couldn't be with a killer. Same with my parents. They still can't bare to see me." He whispered, he opened the door and stepped out of the car. I did the same and followed him. We crossed the street, and Colton knelt down to touch the pictures. "I still can't believe they're gone. I feel they're all on vacation like they always were. I always had to stay because of filming. I regret not asking for days off." He stood back up, as it began to drizzle.

"They're always with you. Right here." I touched his chest, right where the heart should be. He looked down at my hand, and slowly brought his hand over it.

"When I saw you, a few weeks ago at the party. I knew you were special. From the moment I first laid eyes on you, I wanted to have you."

We were now face to face. Rain coming down harder, our soaked clothes and wet hair. His hand cupped my neck.

"Now. I am certain. That I need you. You're the only thing I have left."

"Your friends." I reminded him.

"Are very nice. But they don't make me feel the way you do." His face was just inches away.

"I'm happy I've found you." I said. For the first time in a while, I feel the chance to love someone else, besides...... what was his name?...

"I really want you. I need to have you." He put our foreheads together, both our bodies trembling slightly because of the cold raindrops.

"Is this the way of asking me out?"

"I already asked you out. I'm asking you to be my girlfriend." He said. "I promise to never hurt you. To protect you from anything and anyone. Let me in your heart." He slightly leaned in, breathing at my lips.

"You already found your way in." I said, as I leaned up to wrap my arms around him and kiss him.