20

"you're awfully far away.." the raspy voice knocks me out of my daze. I turn facing Derek as he pouts with sleepy eyes. the sheets cover everything but his shirtless chest. his messy hair is falling in his face as he licks his lips. "oh..." i state realizing how close i am to the edge of the bed. "did I do something? is this about Timothy?" he thoughtfully asks. I shake my head inching a bit closer. "then what is it love? you're never this distance both mentally and physically." I sigh at his statement not knowing how to tell him my problem without sounding like a weirdo. "baby," he begs his hand reaching out to touch my thigh. I quickly move my leg from his reach pulling it up to my chest. "don't touch me!" I quickly squeak his face is full of hurt and worry now "I-I" he is at lost for words as he blinks a few times sitting up in bed. "what's going on?" he murmurs "please talk to me." i hide my face in my hands embarrassed beyond belief. "I haven't shaved and I'm wearing horrible underwear." i muffle into my hands. i peek through my fingers to look at him "one more time babe?" Derek asks confused "I HAVENT SHAVED AND IM WEARING HIDEOUS UNDERWEAR!" i finally admit my face redding i hear a laugh escape his bright lips, filling the room with the joyful sound. "aw baby," he says still giggling. his arm hooks around my waist suddenly pulling me to his lap both of my legs falling to either side of him. "you honestly think I care?" he questions moving hair from my face as i look down to him. i shrug in reply pouting slightly. i try and turn from him but he catches my chin pulling it towards his face. "my silly girl." he murmurs "hair and ugly underwear don't mean a bloody thing to me." his hands press to my cheeks before pulling my face down to kiss him. "I love you either way." he tells me as I smile capturing his lips once more. his hands pull at the hem of the jumper I'm wearing pulling back to see my horrid underwear. "aw not hideous at all." he winks his hand resting on my hips. he flips me over making a squeal slip from my lips followed by a fit of giggles as he hovers over me peppering my face with kisses. "as much as I love your polka dot undies, they have to go darling." he cheekily says before slipping them down my legs.

••••••••••••••••••

when I wake up the next morning the sun is seeping through the closed blinds of the cabin window. I let out a yawn my eyes falling to the still sleeping Derek. His arm is hooked around my bare west his head facing away from me. I untangle myself from Derek as careful as possible slipping from bed and into the bathroom. I quickly and quietly get dressed in a sweater in leggings, sliding on some vans. I brush my teeth ruffling my hair as I do so. I end shoving a grey beanie over my head before I rinse my mouth and peek out the door to make sure Derek is still sleeping before leaving the bedroom. i creak down the stairs hoping that no one is awake so I can go on my walk in peace. "Maize!" I jump back screaming slightly as I'm faced with a laughing Ben. "where are you sneaking off to? meeting a hot guy?" he teases and I hit his arm glaring. "I want to go explore and we all know derek won't let me so." he nods agreeing before pressing his finger to his lips "I didn't see anything" he says before walking back up the stairs coffee in hand.

I plug in my headphones as walk outside the leaves crunching under my boots. the scenery is breath taking and I go deeper into the woods. the stream that runs through the woods mixed with my music is beyond peaceful. the wind is lightly blowing whipping my hair into my face but I don't mind. I hear crunching of leaves making me turn and I swear I see the outline of a wolf running off but I choose to ignore it probably one of the pack members I assume and head back. I don't know how long I wander around the forest but when I arrive back to the cabin I'm met with several angry faces. "thank fucking god!" Derek exclaims his arms wrapping around me. "where have you been?" he pulls me back examining my face. "walking." I simply reply "didn't Ben tell you?" Derek shouts for Ben and soon enough he is down stairs. "oops" he says nervously as Derek reaches for his neck. "Hey!" I shrill making him turn back towards me, "you aren't doing this, I told him not to tell you because I knew you wouldn't let me wander. But I expected him to blab anyways. Guess I really can trust him." I tease and he lets go of the smirking Ben focusing on me. "well damn right I wouldn't of. it's dangerous to wander a fucking forest alone maiz!" he shouts as everyone watches and I close my eyes sighing "stop cursing at me." I pout before going towards the stairs I don't even have to think, I know he is following behind me. when i enter our room he continues his rant "it was careless!" he adds and I tug at my hair in frustration. "you're my boyfriend!" I yell and he looks at me in shock and confusion. "my boyfriend, not my dad. so stop talking to me like that, stop belittling me." I explain as I begin cleaning the room to ease some of my anxiety. "baby-" I lift my hand stopping him "it's fine." he squeezes my arm pulling my back to his chest in the process. "you know how I am, I got worried love." he tells me kissing my shoulder. "I didn't mean to make you feel small." I turn to face him "but you did, that's what you do. you yell louder and hover just to make me feel small." my head falls against his chest as his hands rub up my arms. "I'm so sorry darling. ill work on it, yeah?" he lifts my chin up before kissing my nose. "yeah." I nod before standing on my tip toes to press a kiss to his lips his hand is tangled in my hair tugging lightly. "so who did you send out in the woods to find me?" I question as I undo his belt buckle he gazes down at me in adoration before worry flashes over his face. "pardon?" he is flustered as I yank his sweats down and get on my knees. "oh don't play innocent D" I bite my lip as I pull at the waist band of his boxers. "I saw the wolf in the forest." I trace his bulge with my finger at a tortures pace before Derek abruptly pulls me up. "babe I'm trying to blo-" he cuts me off huffing lowly "I didn't send anyone in the forest." he tells me and my stomach sinks "w-what?" I stammer he pulls his sweats back up his leg as his hand intwines with mine pulling me down the stairs. panic and anger covering his face.