15

"Derek I'm fine." I tell him for what seems like the billionth time. "Maize you hit your head and you threw up." he points out his face masked with concern. "and i went to the doctors and they said it was a minor concussion and that I'm fine." my hand grips his upper arm pulling him down to sit on the couch. "yeah yeah I get that but maybe another opinion will be better." I shake my head running my hands over my face. "Derek we've been to three already, they all said the same." I mumbled in my hands.

"doctors make mistakes!" he shouts making my head snap up looking at him. "what if they're wrong and you go into a coma and I have no clue!" he states panicked and angry. "Derek, baby you're being a tad dramatic yeah?" I tell him laughing making him sighs frustrated sitting back down. his hands lock around the back of his neck "you're right I'm sorry." he mumbles "I just get so worried about keeping you safe and I just don't want anything to happen to you." his hand grips mine before he kisses me lightly. "we have to get ready for school, first day back." he smiles leaving the room abruptly.

••••••••••••••••••••

"he basically thinks I'm going to die because of a minor concussion." I tell spike as we sit in the grass. we have a free period and decided we should catch up. my hands mess with the dozens of dead leafs around us. "well you know what they say about dead leaves." he states and I give him a confused look "no I don't know what they say." I tell him in an amused tone "where dead leaves are so is death" I blinks profusely before bursting out laughing. "that's crows you asshat! stop trying to scare me!" I begin to laugh even harder than before. "oh right I knew that!" he laughs.

"mind if I join you two?" I hear a voice ask from behind us making me turn my head. "Adam," I greet. "hey Maize how was your um, unexpected break? you just kind of disappeared." I swallow roughly before nodding "family stuff." I tell him looking down at my lap. "sorry about the project." I add awkwardly "oh no it's fine we haven't even started working on it we could work on it tonight if you want?" he asks I nod smiling slightly. "sure! I'll meet you at the library after school." he nods "well I'm glad you're back and I'm glad you're doing so great. I expected you to be all depressed." he laughs and I look at him confused "depressed about what?" I ask and he is now confused "you and Derek breaking up." he states weirdly "dick move that he told everyone you didn't put out. but if you ever need anyone I'm here for you." he quickly hugs me before I can say anything or pull away.

"get the fuck off my girlfriend Adam." A deep voice barks, I turn finding a brooding Derek his eyes are dark pools and my stomach drops not wanting his wolf to make an appearance right now. "Derek stop." spike tells him as I push away from Adam "I'll see you in English but you need to leave. now." I state "I didn't know-" he try's to explain and I nod "I know we can talk later but right now you need to go." I rush him and he quickly leaves.

"it's not true! whatever the tosser said isn't true!" Derek says as soon as I turn around facing him "I don't like him one bit! he gives me a weird vibe Maiz." he says running his hand through his hair. "calm down." i tell him I look at spike "give us a moment?" he nods walking over to the cafeteria. "babe honestly he is bad news I thought I got your partners switched. I wanted you to stay away from him." derek rambles as we walk towards my car. "yeah well so are you and you didn't let me stay away." I tease and he glares playfully. "this is what I'm talking about, you can't control everything I do and everyone I hang out with. you have to trust me and my judge of character and trust that I can handle myself." I start "you can't pull the alpha card every time you don't like my English partner or go all big bad wolf every time one of my guy friends looks at me. you need to trust me, you know I only want you and that's all it will ever be. so can you please try and be civil?" I ask he sighs looking around and into the bright sun before back at me. "I guess." he rolls his eyes before pulling me towards him. "you look really fuckable right now." I gasp slightly "Derek!" I look around seeing if anyone heard "what? oh sorry I meant you always look fuckable but you really do today." he states again grinning making me laugh. "you're so vulgar." I shake my head hitting his chest. "but you love it!" he smiles before pressing his lips to mine lightly.