25

i shove tooth paste on the brush before shoving it into my mouth and throwing random articles of clothing into the laundry basket. Derek left the bathroom a complete mess along with the bedroom I spent a majority of the morning cleaning. "babe" Derek whines from bed. I flip my hair over my shoulder spitting out the tooth paste and rising before continuing my mission of cleaning. "I leave for three days and you destroy our room." I mumbled mainly to myself but loud enough so Derek could hear. I hear his bare feet padding across the wood floors. he grips my hips pulling me up as he presses his lips to my neck. "I'm sorry." he pouts against my skin pulling me closer to his bare chest. "do you still love me?" he asks his puppy dog eyes on display "because I love you and I love you sleeping in our bed and our dates." he grins pressing his lips to mine sweetly. "I do indeed love you." I sigh wrapping my arms around his neck as my frustration dissolves. I peck his lips to mine again sighing contently letting my eyes shut momentarily. "I love you." I say again and the smile on his face grows. "I love you." I say a few more times before his lips begin to press all over beginning at my forehead and stopping at my shoulders. we share glances and giggles before we are interrupted by my stomach growling loudly. "okay let's get some food in that stomach of yours." he says poking my tummy making me laugh lightly. he grabs me from behind roughly gripping my boobs "you still aren't wearing a bra my love." he teases his face pressed into my hair. "your hair smells good as well." he tells me his hands still on my breasts. "get off you weirdo." I laugh swatting his hands "no my boobs." he fake pouts smacking my butt making me turn to him giving him a look. "you're awfully touchy this morning." I say sliding a bra on under my shirt as he grins like a horny school boy pulling me up by the arms and throwing me over his shoulder making me shriek. "put me down you weirdo!" I yell but my laugh ruins my serious tone as he walks us into the kitchen where we join the rest of the pack. "you know Derek you may not believe this but maize in fact can actually walk!" spike teases and I nod in agreement moving to stand beside him proudly. "yeah but what's the fun in that?" Derek's grins handing me a bowl. "fruit loops or coco puffs?" he asks not turning his back, he knows what I want but loves to annoy me. I hate coco puffs and he knows this. "kidding cutie." he says handing me the box of fruit loops. I narrow my eyes at him before sitting on one of the bar stools. "SHELLY!" I squeal when I don't see her in the kitchen. everyone jumps from my high pitch scream making me laugh. I hear foot steps coming towards the kitchen and in comes Shelly and smile on her face. "there she is!" I announce and she bows "I'm surprised you're up." she says shoving my shoulder and grabbing a spoon eating some of my fruit loops. Derek and spike do the same finishing off the rest of it making me growl. "she growls!" spike laughs as Derek and him both pretend to be terrified. "you guys are so annoying." i whine before putting my bowl in the sink. "uh oh she is moody too." spike warns and Shelly smiles "she's glowing look at my beautiful best friend glowing!" I shake my head before rolling my eyes, everyone is in the mood to annoy me this morning. "could everyone lay off the whole pregnant fiasco!" I shout knowing the annoyed looked on my face is evident, I understand that they are just messing with me but nevertheless the baby thing is the number one topic brought up to bug me, that and me and Derek's sex life which is very public despite my several efforts of trying to keep it private. "cmon baby I made you a cup a tea." Derek waves the steaming cup of tea in front of my face grasping my hand and pulling me out to the deck. "sit. drink. relax. kiss me." he grins sitting down beside me on the patio chairs. I sigh taking the mug from his hand giving him a grateful look. I love how he picks up on little things like how I take my tea and daily routines of mine. "I love you." I murmur before sipping my tea slowly. He reaches over to me his fingers griping to my hand. "you're awfully lovey today little bit." he says staring at me softly. "I just want you to know." I admit sitting my mug down on the table before climbing into his lap. I kiss him timidly for a few moments before pulling back. "thank you for being really really great." my voices cracks and his eyes go wide knowing I might cry. "hey hey don't go crying on me. you know I hate seeing you cry sweets." he coos cupping my face gently and pressing his lips to my nose. his nicknames are becoming one of my favorite things. "I just really want you to know how grateful I am for you and everything you do for me and how much I love you. because you do so much, you protect me and love me endlessly and you try. you're trying so hard to make us work better on your things and I do too, I shouldn't have brought up your past and used it against you I was wrong and I'm so terribly sorry. and I know I need to show you I care about this relationship just as well, not just tell you because I do, care about us." his eyes are concentrated only on me as if I'm the only thing in the world. he's listening to every word so intensely. my tears are flowing, the pads of his thumbs swiping them away. his thumb traces my lips before pushing his against them. the spark I feel is new and welcoming. I taste my salty tears on our lips as his arm loops around my waist pulling me closer to him. I feel his chest rise heavily his mouth opening a bit more as his tongue slips into my mouth. the reconnection between us is brand new and exciting but above all it's comforting and feels safe. neither of us can get enough. it's just us two in our moment. our two souls finally in sync.