34

-Derek's POV -

"Do another one!" I yell towards Damien slamming my hand against the wooden table making the objects bounce.
"I'm doing my best! She is just gone! She must be cloaked by some sort of magic, if she wasn't I could locate her but I can't." My anger spikes and I almost knock the witches teeth down his throat but I stop myself walking out of the room instead. My heart is racing, where is Maize?

Spike pats the witch one the shoulder before following behind me. "We will find her Derek." He comforts only egging on my madness. I laugh out of frustration. "Yeah? It's been almost a month." I pause shaking my head "she should be back by now. She won't answer my texts or my calls, and now we can't even do a locator spell on her!" I shout, I need to run and release this anger, this sadness and fear.

"I need her." I whisper softly as Spike's hand grips my shoulder "we will find her. I promise you." He looks at me intently, and I can't find hope in his words like I use to. I'm hopeless.

She needs to come back.

I nod slightly before shifting into my wolf and running towards the forest for what seems like hours. Lately this seems to be the only thing that helps subside the ache in my chest.

Well, running and bourbon.

The bourbon helps too. I can drink just enough to picture her with me. Her alluring presence, her soft lips pressed against mine just for a moment until I'm knocked back into my harsh reality of loneliness.

Then I do it all over again.

————————————-

"We've found something." Josh tells me as we walk down the hall way to the room we've been trying to find some piece of Maize for weeks now. "Right here," he points to an area on the map "we picked up a scent of her. We followed it for miles but then it's as if she disappeared into thin air." He tells looking at Spike giving him a look.

"What? What are you not telling me?" I question impatiently spike sighs before speaking.

"It lead us near Virginia," he pauses "this area is where heretics gather." I hear Maize's dad gasp slightly. I stay silent as my anger and worry builds. My eyes dart for the bourbon.

"So you're telling me my daughter has been taken by the same group of people who killed her mother?" Her dad questions pain in his voice.

The past few weeks have been hardest on him, he has felt so helpless, me the same. He hasn't stopped for a second looking for her. Even putting up missing person fliers. I'm forever grateful, because despite every emotion getting to him he has stayed strong. More than I can say for myself.

"Yes." Spike replies " Damien said he found traces of magic, the same magic that is use for trapping vampires & werewolves." My mind is racing through all of the possible things they could be doing right now. Before my anger fully takes over I let myself have a moment of peace and hope. This is a lead. Which means I'm one step closer to finding her.

"So let's go then." I spit "if they took her we are getting her back."