32

I flip through the wedding magazine marking dresses that catch my eye while Shelly and Stella decided wedding decor. I told them the feel and vibe I want leaving the rest up to them. 

I'm complete rubbish at being in charge of anything and I know I'll end up being so stressed in the end that I won't even want to get married. So I'm taking the easy route, telling them what I dislike and what color scheme I want and letting them do what they enjoy, especially Stella who is having a ball.

"Derek are you sure you don't want to put in any input?" Shelly asks for the tenth time and I can tell he's getting fed up with the question. I peer up to him grinning to see if his mind has changed. "As long as my missus is there I'm on board for anything." he winks down at me as Stella coos in adoration at us.

"You guys are gross." Shelly says fake gagging making Derek grab one of my decorative pillows off the couch and throwing it at her. "Heeeey!" I whine grabbing the pillow from the ground before Shelly can throw it back at him. "He started it." she defends and I glare playfully at both of them as a knock sounds from the front door. "Go hang out with Spike and Ben or something loser." Shelly says rolling her eyes at Derek, making him pinch her arm and her squeal slapping him."stop acting like two year olds!" I scowl not being able to contain my laughter at the two of them. I shake my head opening the door, my eyes go wide as I'm faced with my dad.

"Hey honey." he says softly, his big brown eyes don't hold the same bright life they use to. "Ho-how did you know where I lived?" I stutter panicked I have no clue what to say. I knew I would have to deal with this sometime but I didn't know today would be the day and I'm not prepared.

Before I can stop myself I'm crying and he pulls me into his loving arms. I suddenly feel like a little girl again when I would run to him when I had a nightmare or fell off my bike. "I've missed you." I sob and he squeezes me tighter "I'm so sorry." i choke out and he shakes his head rubbing my back soothingly. "No honey don't apologize, this is all on me and your mother. I should've told you but we thought we were doing what was best for you and keeping you safe." he explains and I can't help but hold on to him. I've been so stubborn to not talk it out with him, he is all I have left and I shouldn't live in the past when they were only looking out for me. "I love you dad." I murmur into his chest. i need him especially during my transition. "I love you too sweet girl to the moon and back always."

"What the hell is going on?" Derek's voice is rough and protectiveness is seeping out. I shake my head pulling away from my dad dabbing at my cheeks with my palm. "Nothing handsome." I smile and Derek looks admittedly
worried coming closer to examine me as to see if he needs to kick ass or not. "you ok lovely?" he asks and I nod pulling him closer and he sighs relived kissing the top of my head.

"You're too pretty to be crying so much sweets." he says to me kissing my nose and when my dad coughs his face goes red at the proclaimed affection towards me. "Mr. Adams," Derek suddenly says in a rough alpha like tone making me giggle, covering my mouth. He looks down at me glaring at me slightly before pinching my side, his signature grin on display.

----------------

"I have something for you." I announce to Derek as his eye fixate on the tv in front of him, our guest long gone for the night. "Josh and Ben said it was lame but-" I pause picking at my nails suddenly very shy. Derek's finger hooks under my chin brining it up to look at him. "Don't be shy around me petal." he says gently, I nod grabbing his hand and pulling him to my bed room. I get to my knees and he sends me a suggestive look and I roll my eyes leaning under the bed and grabbing the  Christmas wrapped box.

"baby, Christmas is two weeks away." he informs me shaking his head but his smile is evident. "I know but I really wanted to give this to you now." I shrug "it's not much." i add not wanting to make a big deal out of the gift and him end up hating it.