13

Edited

my heart was racing, my palms sweating, my breath was quick. every time my tennis shoe hit the speeding mat adrenalin would corse through my body, the music plugged in my ears pushing me to go harder. run faster. suddenly one of the headphones was plucked from my ear.

"hey!" I whined stopping the treadmill slowly turning to look at jack. "lunch is ready." he laughed shoving me slightly. "asshole." I grunted shoving him back. jack worked with my grandpa and also was a friend from freshmen year. he has kept my mind off of Derek, reminding me that time apart will do both us good. we can get out priorities straight and our separate problems resolved so we can come back and work on the problems we have together, out together. "you smell like a boy." he tells me running up the stairs. "a mixture of boy and man." he adds as I swat at his head. "has derek called?" I question leaning down grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. I didn't hear a response making me stare at them questionably.

"what?" I ask closing the fridge door slowly. "Maz, honey," my grandpas soothing tone is worrying. "What happened?" I quickly ask worry and panic taking over. "he sounded drunk, really drunk. we heard girls in the background." jack tells me making my stomach drop. I know how bad he gets when he drinks. I shake my head swallowing harshly. "it's fine, we cope differently. I obviously cope healthier and more faithfully." I snap not meaning to. "that's great honey really! I'm glad you're channeling your emotions into positive things like working out. you shouldn't wallow in self pity." my grandpas words help slightly but can't take awake the burning in my heart and horrible feeling in my stomach.

-

"we are watching a movie if you want to join us." jack tells me through the bathroom door. "don't be a antisocial loser." he adds making me hit the door with my palm. "don't be annoying jackson!" I yell turning on the shower. I hear him laughing as he walks away from the door and I assume out of my room. I shower quickly getting out and drying off. putting on one of Derek's tshirts and a pair of leggings. I walk down stairs joining my grandpa and jack on the couch. "what movie are we watching?" I ask pulling my legs up to my chest my wet hair falling down my back. "step brothers" jack answers moving my hair away from him "your favorite." I laugh at the face he makes making him shush me.

after we finished step brothers we pop in anchor man and by the time we're finished with that it's midnight and both jack and my grandpa are past out. I clean up the stray pieces of pop corn and soda cans before walking into the kitchen. I hear a crash from the back porch making me jump. the motion sensor light switches on making me see Derek wobble up the stairs. I scurry out there quietly "Derek?" I call out in a whisper making his head snap up "what are you doing here?" I question "baby" he slurs. "I've missed you." he reeks of alcohol and I hate it. "you look hot as shit." he adds walking closer, stumbling. "Derek you're drunk, did you drive here?" I ask him starting to get angry. "maybe" he holds out the vowels like a small child as he shrugs putting his arms around me aimlessly. "I love you" he says in my ear "you drove here drunk!" I shrill "Derek Hale! what the hell? you could've killed yourself or someone else!"

"calm down babe I wanted to see you. I needed to see you." he mumbles the last part. "well I don't want to see you. Not like this at least! so go call Spike and tell him to come get you so you can go back and cheat on me and drink some more!" I snap turning to go inside when he catches my wrist spinning me back around to face him. "cheat on you? you think I cheated on you?" he asks glowering down on me. "you called earlier grandpa said you where with a bunch of girls." I state crossing my arms. "I didn't cheat on you though." he tells me making me laugh while shaking my head. "hey look at me." he lifts my chin to meet his gaze obviously sobering up. "I would never cheat on you Maize." he tells me "do you understand that? I love you too much, it makes me sick just thinking about being with another woman. ok?" I nod slowly withering away under his gaze. "I'm sorry I showed up like this." he apologizes "I guess we just have different ways of dealing with things." I tell him looking out to the woods. "yeah, you look great Maize." he whispers his eyes glancing up my body. "you look like shit." I giggle taking in his beard and circles under his eyes. "yeah? I feel like it." he grins then we're both quite. "I meant what I said, I love you." he finally says and I turn around letting his words sink in. "I love you." I tell him as he pulls me into him placing his lips down on to mine. his beard tickled me making me pull away as I laugh. "you're going to need to trim that." I tell him as he nods picking me up off the porch and hugging me. "god I missed you."

"Maiz?" I hear jack call from the living room. he opens the glass door stepping out on to the porch. "maiz? are you coming to bed- oh who is this?" he questions Derek puts me swiftly "coming to bed?" he narrows his eyes at jack "I'm Derek her boyfriend, who the fuck are you?" Derek seethes. I grab his arm pulling him back as best as I can. "hey don't be like that, he is my friend from freshmen year, jack. that's it a friend he works with grandpa." I tell him calming him down slightly. "it's nice to meet you." jack sarcastically states rolling his eyes. "roll your eyes again you tosser." Derek threats "Derek!" I snap he huffs before pulling me into his side. "sorry." he apologizes briefly "I'm heading to bed, see you in the morning maiz." jack waves entering the house again.

"I don't like him." Derek tells me when the door shuts. "who do you like?" I tease making him look down at me a grin plastered on his face. "you're awfully sassy all the sudden." I shrug liking my new found back bone and sassiness. "I like your shirt by the way." he lowers himself wrapping his arms around the back of my thighs and lifting me up. "but it's been two weeks since I've properly fucked you and I'm not waisting any time." he huskily states his lips pressing to my neck. his hands pulling up my shirt as mine threaded through his hair, I knew we haven't discussed our problems but in a messed up sense, we needed this. we needed the sexual contact because we pour the emotions we can't express into ever single touch and movement hoping that the unsaid words would sink in and for a few moments we wouldn't have problems but it would only be us two in that moment together, untouchable.

AUTHORS NOTE

AND WE ARE BACK !!

I KNOW IT ISNT THE BEST AND NOT THE LONGEST BUT I PROMISE ILL DO BETTER NEXT UPDATE!

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR GUYS FEED BACK!

:) x