6

EDITED:

Maizes pov
1 week later

"Is this all you do?" I hear the raspy voice as my boom is slipped from my grasp and I meet Derek's grinning face. "Maybe." I pout crossing my arms over my chest. He laughs at me closing my book and setting it on the side table. "How did you even get in here?" I ask him, knowing the answer.

"Your dad let me in." He tells me surely resting his head against my pillow. The past few days Derek has been stuck to my side, weary of how ill act with the new information he finally told me. "Of course he did." He roll my eyes, my dad still has no idea that I know about werewolves yet but it's on my to do list to talk to him as soon as possible. I want to know everything but Derek refuses to tell me more until I speak with my dad.

"Don't you have a house of your own?" I continue to tease him "quite a big one too." He slides up next to me resting his head against his hand. "I quite like this one better." He replies a smirk covering his handsome face. My eyes dart to his parted lips then back to his eyes. "You want to kiss me." He says and I gasp slightly, my eyes widening.

Do I want to kiss him? I ask myself. Yes. No.

"I'm just kidding love, relax." He says softly and my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "I do have an invitation for you though." He digs in his back pocket and pulls out of ruffles piece of paper. I giggle to myself barely able to read the words scribble.
"This is quite the invitation." I tell him and he pulls it away from me throwing it across the room. "There's a party" He begins and I give him a warning glare. "I know you don't like them but this one is special." He keeps going gripping my hand softly. "It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary, we are going to New Orleans." My eyes spark with excitement, I haven't traveled much. My parents where always pretty domestic and never wanted to be too far away from the house. So bad that I was home schooled until my freshman year. I remember only ever really going out on Sunday's to the market.

"Yes." I try not to shriek with joy I quickly slip my hand over my mouth. He sits up a smile covering his face as he arches his eye brows. "Don't be shy now." He pulls my hand from my mouth. "So you'll come?" He questions again and I nod my head modestly.
"Let's get to packing then." He exclaims pinching he side of my waist. "Derek!" I squeal as he tickles me making me laugh like a love stuck school girl. "Hands off." I warn him playfully and he lifts his hand in defense. "I'm finished I'm finished." He tells me, before poking me one last time and running off down the hall.

-
New Orleans

"Wakey wakey." I hear in my ear waking me up from my sleep, I sit up glancing out the airplane window, the city lights glowing above the clouds. "We are getting ready to land buckle up." Derek tells me and I sleepily nod resting my head against the window still gazing out in amazement. I was worried my first flight would be miserable, but luckily I slept almost the entire time, the other half spent watching a film i didn't quite enjoy but Derek persisted we watched.
"First class wasn't so bad was it?" Derek grins making me roll my eyes "I would've been fine with economy too." I tell him but he shakes his head, reminding me of the two hour argument we had about me buying my own ticket. I lost, and I can't be too angry about it. I couldn't imagine being crammed next to who knows for 4 hours.

I'm suddenly jolted forwards my head almost hitting the tv screen in front of me as the plane begins to land. Derek's arm shoots across my chest holding me in place as I grip his forearm tightly as my head begins to feel dizzy. "I told you to buckle." He grumbles to me. "Sorry." I whisper back at him softening up his grumpy face.

Once we land and exit the plane we head to meet up with the rest of the group who arrived earlier in the day. "I look awful." I groan staring at myself in the tiny car mirror. My hair is a bit too messy for my liking and my makeup has warn off from the flight. "It's impossible for you too look anything but beautiful." Derek tells me sweetly "but if you don't want to go we don't have to we could go check in our room."

I shake my head rummaging through my bag from something to aid my exhausted appearance. "We already made plans to meet them, just let me fix this." I motion to my hair he chuckles nodding his head giving my thigh a soft squeeze sending heat through my body.

I run a brush and dry shampoo through my hair before applying a layer of mascara and a little bit of blush. I grab the heels from my back slipping the on in place of my white vans I wore on the plane." That will do." I tell him just as we arrive to the restaurant my nerves building in my stomach. It slipped my mind that I was meeting Derek's parents tonight. My eyes dart down to my outfit suddenly insecure about every detail. I'm wearing a red baby doll dress that suddenly seems to short with some black heels that feel too tall.

"You look amazing." Derek murmurs to me as if reading my mind. I glance up at his warm eyes, feeling my heart beat faster. "You ready?" He asks taking my hand as the driver stops in front of the entrance. I nod my head yes climbing out of the car after him smoothing my dress out nervously.

He grips my hand leading us to the hostess desk, "Hale." He says simply and the waiter nods his head taking us to the back towards a VIP room.

"There they are!" A group cheers as we walk through the door way. I'm pulled into a hug suddenly taking me by surprise. "It's so nice to finally meet you, we've heard so much about you!" The woman says warmly pulling me back and looking over me. "She's beautiful Derek." She tells him a huge smile on her face. "Oh where are my manners!" She exclaims "I'm Elizabeth Hale, Derek's mother!" She grabs the man next to her pulling him towards us. "And this is my husband Asher Hale, Derek's father."

"Nice to finally meet the infamous Maize." He says shaking my hand winking towards Derek, who seems amused by all of this. "Nice to meet you both. Happy anniversary as well." I smile at them.

"Thank you we are so glad you could make it." They tell us ushering us to ours spots. "Dinner is just about to start."

-

Dinner went smoothly, I only embarrassed myself once thankfully, when I spilt my ice water wetting both me and Derek.

"I'm so sorry again." I say for the tenth time as we step off the elevator he shakes his head smiling down at me. "Stop apologizing." He tells me  "it's nothing, really."

"Here's your room." He stops number 207  the sign reads next to the door. He hands me my key before walking next door. "Goodnight neighbor." He sends a wink my way before we both step into our rooms.

The room is chilly as I run over to the AC unit to try and warm it up. I lay in bed reading through my book for a few minutes, which turns into a few hours and before I know it is nearly 3am. I quickly hop into the shower taking off my dress and throwing the heels on the ground next to the bed beside my dress.

I'm washing my body when I suddenly hear pounding on my door, i swear I'm making it up for a second but I hear it again. "Maize!" I hear
Derek's loud voice rumble through the door.

I jump out of the shower quickly wrapping a towel around my body and head to the door as my wet hair drips across the floor.

"Derek what's wrong?" I ask him when I open the door to see his sleepy yet furious eyes. His eyes dart down to the white towel that barely covers my body and then to the pile of clothes in the floor near the bed and then back up to me confusion taking over me. "I fucking knew it." I barely hear him say before he pushes past me into the room.

"Where is he?"  He growls his eyes beginning to glow red I step back towards the wall utterly confused. "Who Derek? Where is who?" I ask him as he swings open the closet door and then the bathroom ripping down the shower curtain. "Derek stop! You're acting crazy nobody is in here but me." I shout at  him and he refuses to meet my gaze. "What has gotten into you?" 

He finally turn to face me his anger slipping away, regret taking over. "Never mind." He says coldly before rushing out of the room. "Goodnight." I'm too stunned and confused to even try and go after him.