27

"You've already ripped them," I state grabbing the lace from the wooden floor. " asshole." I add looking at the half naked Derek sprawled across the bed the white sheet covering his lower half. "I'm sorry love, can't help it." he smirks his eyes trailing down my nude body. "Now get dressed before I take you back on this bed again." he demands the smirk still on his face "it's cold out" he informs me walking into the bathroom.

The shower sounds as I pull another pair of underwear that aren't ripped, yet, up my legs followed by my jeans. I'm buttoning up my shirt when a knock sounds from the door. "Come in!" I call shoving my feet into my boots while grabbing my hair up into a pony tail. "Hello Maiz." Spike greets the same time Derek emerges from the bathroom only in a towel,  the steam following him out. "Ahhh Derek," Spike nods "my favorite couple." My eyes are glued to Derek's body my lower region aching slightly. His eyebrows raise his cocky smirk returning, "Alright love?" he pushes as my cheeks flame red with embarrassment that I've been caught staring at my very attractive boyfriend. "We have a problem D." Spike states making the playful smirk slip from Derek's face, my first reaction is to try and bring it back immediately missing his smile. "what is it?" Derek gripes dressing himself.

"Jones tried to leave earlier today." my anger spikes just at the mention of Jones. "We captured him while you were otherwise occupied." he pauses grinning but Derek isn't as amused. "Ben and Will are questioning him in the lower cellar now." Derek nods in approval a hard scowl covering his face. "good work, I'll be down in a minute. Thanks Spike." Spike mutters a quick 'no problem' before leaving the room.

"you okay?" I ask softly my fingers touching his arm lightly. Derek watches my fingers carefully as they crawl up his arm "yeah, fine." he says stiffly pulling his arm away. "I'm going to go down I'll see you later." He turns away from me without another word and I'm beyond confused grabbing his arm, turning him back round. "what's wrong? talk to me." I demand my eyes narrowing in wonder and slight annoyance. We were just fine before and now he is being cold towards me and I don't like it one bit. "Nothing." he says shortly shrugging his shoulders trying to escape my grasp. "Oh I'm sorry you must mistake me for a fool," I say coly "let's try this again, what is wrong?" He sighs his eyes closing in frustration, maybe even shame. "babe, talk to me please. What have I done?" my tone is much softer now and that's all it takes for his eyes to shift from the harshness that filled them moments before, to regret. "No no no baby, you haven't done anything." his hands press to my cheeks his thumb tracing over my lips. There's the Derek I know, my Derek. "I'm sorry Petal." he continues "A pack member left while I was having sex." he admits shaking his head in disappointment. "I've been so blinded by pure love and adoration that I've forgotten that I'm an alpha." I frown guiltily at his words "Don't go frowning on me, I'm not saying it's a bad thing lovely. You're the greatest thing that has happened to me nothing will change that I'm only saying I need to focus more on my pack because if I neglect it I am nothing. My job is to lead this pack and I haven't been doing that." he licks his lips his eyes focusing in on my hands as he intertwines them. "Look at me." I say making him look up from our hands "Go be an Alpha, I'll be your Luna." I tell him my fingers running through his hair softly his eyes fill with adoration. "My love for you" he pauses shaking his head before looking back up to me, his hand gripping my arm as his lips press a line up to my neck. "is endless and forever growing." he finishes hitching me up by my thighs wrapping my legs around his waist, his lips pressing to mine. "Alright! Alright!" I giggle as he continues his assault. "Go!" I press my palms on his chest trying to urge him to leave. "Dinner?" he questions a smile on his face as he sets me down on the ground, I nod in response "Now while I'm away don't go pleasing yourself kitten." he grins grabbing my butt teasingly making me swat at his chest annoyingly, my cheeks heating up. "Get out!" I shout shoving him out the door. He laughs loudly spinning around and pressing a kiss to my forehead before he exits them room yelling a quick 'love you' from down the hall.

--------------
Derek's POV

"Why the hell did you leave?" I ask the now bloody Jones, I've always known Ben to have a temper when it comes to any sort of trader or threat towards the pack. I also know the reason Jones is still breathing is only because Will is the sensible one of the pack who understands that to get answers, they have to still be alive. We enjoy balance. "I'll tell you the same thing I told pretty boy Benjamin," he starts with a sickly bloody smile. "I'm not going to be involved with a pack who accepts their kind."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I spit utterly confused. He chuckles darkly making my fist collided into his jaw. A pang of guilt rides through me knowing if Maize was to walk down her eyes would fill with tears just at the sight. "Lock the doors!" I bark to the men behind me just to make sure it won't happen. Jones eyes me "There's the Alpha I've missed." he grins "Did Maize finally up and leave you?" Her name in his mouth sickens me, my hands find their way around his neck making him gasp for air. "You don't speak of her." I warn sharply my eyes glowing. "Now what kind are you talking about?" I question pressing harder around his throat. "Hybrids!" he hisses making me drop my grasp as he coughs.

"She isn't a hybrid." I bellow "You've betrayed your family for what? False information?" my voice is filled with disgust. He was once a friend, part of this pack and suddenly I see nothing but scum. He spits blood on to the floor glaring up towards me "This pack stopped being my family the second she came here." He bites harshly "We were never suppose to let that their kind into our pack, such filth."