40

Maize's POV

When we get back in the club it's even more crowded than before, "I'm going to go to the bathroom!" I call out to Derek, he can barely hear me over the thump of the music. He nods before heading back to the VIP section.

The bathroom is a short walk from the VIP section and of course the line is wrapped out the door. I take my place in the back and begin scrolling through my phone aimlessly.

"Hello gorgeous!" I hear a voice in my ear making me whip around. Standing in front of me is a blonde hair guy, towering over me easily. I roll my eyes before turning back around and moving closer to the bathroom door. "You're going to ignore me? Not very nice." He irks on and my patience is running thin.

"Just beat it yeah?" I suggest waving him off. Which just fuels him more. "Feisty." He smirks looking me up and down before trying to come closer but I move away again.

"You don't even know the half of it." I tell him trying to regain my temper but the douche is making it hard. He grips my arm pulling me towards him making all sense of calm dissolve.

I jerk my arm away from him, a growl ripping through me as I twist his arm behind his back. I feel my body heating up as my eyes glow with anger.

"Maize!" Derek tells behind me knocking me out of my furious trance. Cooling my body down slightly as I turn to face him. "This Jerk was trying to hit on me." I tell him still holding my grip on the blonde "he grabbed my arm." I see Derek's eyes begin to glow but he shakes his head trying calm his own anger.

"Let's just walk away, yeah?" He questions worry filling his voice as he holds his hand out for me I give the guy another look before throwing him towards the back exit near the bathrooms. "Go!" I spit through gritted teeth and his scurries away, fear covering his face.

I take Derek's hand as he leads me towards our booth. "Not going to lie" Derek whispers in my ear "that was really sexy." He says biting at my ear making me smile up at him. "But you gotta learn how to control that temper of yours baby or it'll eat you alive and make you do something you regret." I know he is right, but I shake it off. Walking towards the dance floor, drink in hand.

————————————

"Is this your bike?" I ask Ben my eyes admiring the matte black motorcycle parked in front of me. The moon glowing down on it.

"Sure is." He grins slapping the seat. "Isn't it a beauty." He hands me his beer and throws his leg over the bike. "The whole pack use to ride them all the time, now we barely do. They just collect dust in the garage. But they were me and josh's favorites." My heart aches. He grips the handles starting up the engine. The loud sound makes me cover my ears.

"Can I ride it?" I say before I can stop myself.

He looks at me shocked. "Derek would kill me." He warns getting off the bike. I hand him his beer before swinging my leg over the bike. My legs barley touch the peddles but I stretch them just far enough.

"Derek doesn't have to know." I grin the alcohol buzzing through my veins makes me brave. I gaze over the club parking lot, it's packed but I can get to the main road easy.

"At least let me drive and wear a helmet." He huffs grabbing the black helmet and shoving it over my head giving my no choice but to scoot back.

He revs the engine before launching forward. A jolt of excitement fills my body as we shoot down the main road passing by the traffic. The winds catches my hair and slams it back into my face.

"Alright?" He calls back to me as I wrap my arms around him tighter.

"Yes!" I yell as the city lights become a blur.