45

Maizes pov

"I'll admit it's way more comfortable than the couch before." Derek admits as he lays back on the plush cushions. I roll my eyes "I told you I wanted a sectional from the beginning but you swore up and down a love seat was the way to go. Comfort over style any day." I lay down beside him "plus it's pretty cute too." I giggle hitting him in the face with one of the nearby pillows. I hum along softly to the music playing from my Bluetooth speaker that fills the apartment. He looks at me a grin plastered on his face "god I've missed you." He whispers making me blush and look away from his intense glare.

"Kiss me." He practically begs before I can think it through I'm moving towards him, pressing my lips softly against his. It sends a familiar spark through me, reminding me of our first kiss in the pool.

He grips my hips pulling me on top of him my legs falling on either side of him. My hands make there way through his hair tugging slightly as he bites my
lower lip softly making moans slip from both our lips.
He rolls us over gently hovering over me as he slips my shirt over my head before gazing down at my bump in adoration.
"I've never seen a more beautiful fucking sight." He tells me before placing a kiss on my stomach. He pulls back his eyes darting to the side and widen.

"What the hell is that?" He quirks turning me to my side to get a better look. "You didn't." He says in pure disbelief making me begin to giggle. "I've died and gone to heaven I swear." His hand runs over the flowers on my rib cage.

"You went off a got a damn tattoo." He says "how fucking sexy baby." He growls the nick name slipping from his lips. "You like it?" I question him and he grins widely "I love it Maize." He tells me looking at it the ink once more.

"Any other surprises?" He teases I shake my head as he peppers my face with kisses. "You're stunning." He murmurs his lips pressed against my neck. "And I've missed you." He tells me again "so much." He adds "You look so good Maize. You seem so-" he pauses for a moment to look at me up and down as if he has to take all of me in. "You seem so happy, I don't want to mess that up by being selfish. All I've ever wanted for you was to be happy whether that is with or without me."

His words catch me off guard and send butterflies through my stomach. I start looking back to a few months ago when I was so unhappy and didn't know how to keep going. I was exhausted both mentally and physically, I didn't know how to be the Luna Derek deserved and needed, I felt weak and consumed by the guilt that haunted me. After I found out I was pregnant I was determined to be the beet version of myself I could possibly be for my future child. I wanted to give her someone she could admire and look up to. I never once worried that she wouldn't have an increíble man as a dad to look up to but I couldn't bare the thought of failing her. "I've missed you." I finally say to him I reach my hand up and press it to his check that is covered in stubble. He looks different too, his hair is longer not by much and the slight beard fits him perfectly. He looks healthy. I can tell he has been working out more by the way his jacket hugs his arms a bit tighter. "I'm in a good place, a great place mentally. I've never been happier before. But I've missed you Derek."

"I'm glad Maize, so fucking glad." He smiles grabbing my hand and pulling me up from the couch to him. "So hows school and your jobs?" He questions his fingers trailing down my arms.

I let out a sigh rolling my eyes "now that's not going so great." I admit feeling defeated, I feel so lost when it comes to school. "Everyone seems like they're 10 steps ahead of me, they know exactly what they want to do next and I know that they know I'm pregnant so it's like they're waiting for me to quit or fail." I rub my face in frustration as I sit on the couch. "I'm taking film classes and I really enjoy it but I feel like I'm under so much pressure to be successful and they make it out like the only way to do that is to be a doctor or a lawyer or something like that and if you don't than you're a failure." I rant  finally looking up at Derek, who has a grin on his face.

"Are you happy though?" He asks me making me nod, I am happy with where I'm at in life. I'm training with spike and getting more and more comfortable with being a hybrid and I love studying film and luckily I got a job doing photography part time.

"Yes I am." I tell him and he takes my hand into his nodding softly "if you're happy doing what you're doing nobody can tell you you're not successful."