35

Maize's POV

-Weeks earlier -

"My friends," I breathe "my family," I can barely keep my eyes open "they will come for me." I force the words out. As the ropes holding me up burn into my wrist. My eyes glow in anger but it's useless.

"Oh yes, we are counting on it." The voice whispers I can never see the person maybe people the voice belongs to. "it's just a waiting game now." Before I can gather the strength to reply she injects something into my neck knocking me out yet again.

And when I wake up I'm in a dark room, my eyes are struggling to adjust.  My hands feel around for something. Anything.

Where am I? I flinch my wrist still sore, I weakly push my self of the cold floor, standing up to rest against the wall near me.

My hand slides against the wall feeling for a light switch as I maneuver my way around the darkness. I find the switch flipping it on. "What the hell?" I'm surrounded by white padded walls. "This isn't happening. " there are no doors. No windows.

I beat my fist against the walls as hard as I could, kicking with my feet. Screaming at the top of my lungs. Hoping for something to budge but it's as if I'm sealed in here. Every punch or kick or scream bouncing back off. Useless. I slide down the walls hugging around myself, sobbing.

—————————-

Derek's POV

"This is it?" The car stops in the middle of no where. "You're kidding right? A whole bunch of heretics hide out here?" Josh questions unimpressed. "I bet if you asked nicely they'd be willing to clean it for you josh." Ben comments sarcastically.

"Let's go." I say lowly jumping out of the car the rest of the pack following out of theirs. my eyes already glowing red. I feel my wolf about to come out but spike stops me pulling me back. "Slow down D. We need to prepare our selves for the worst." My eyes narrow in on him. "I don't know what your implying." I say shortly shrugging his hand off of me.

"It's been a month Derek! They've had her a whole month. Who knows what we could find in here. We need to be ready." He shouts at me I won't let the thought even enter my mind. I don't want to think about what they could've done to my beautiful girl.

The situation seems all too familiar, when Adam took her I went crazy. But I could take him down easy, these heretics are different. I hate to admit it but I'm not sure what we are walking into. I've never dealt with them before, hell I didn't even know they existed.

I don't reply to Spike I just nod my head heading towards the doors of the run down mansion. Spike huffs but follows behind me. I reach the door and as expected, it's spelled.

"Well I must say I am surprised!" I voice says making everybody turn around, it's a group of three.
A man bigger built and two women. "I wasn't sure you would find us so quick." The red hair women continues. "Hopefully you weren't expecting to just walk right in now did you?" She smirks

"Just give her back." Maize dad shouts "she isn't apart of this!" The group laughs making my anger boil. "Oh but she is." The other women begins "she is what this is all about!"

"Now where is he?" She question her eyes lighting up  with excitement "the mate? The alpha? Derek Hale."

I walk forward my eyes narrowing in on them. "What do you want with her?" I question slowly "is she alive?" I can't stop my mouth from speaking "where is she?"

"That is for us to know and for you to dot dot dot" the women with the red hair giggles.

"just tell me!" I growl I feel the pack inch closer to me. Knowing as soon as I signal we would pounce. But not yet.