Chapter 13

Jackie

"Move, move it!" My father yelled at me.

 "Come on, Luis can move faster than that!" I had one more lap to go and my father wasn't going to go easy on me.

 "Crawl, you got to push through!" he yelled out of his blow horn. Man, I swear if he yells at me one more time "Let's go, 60 seconds" After I finished crawling from under the bar wire I quickly got up and made my way to the part I always failed the most in.

 "Up, up, up!" the rock climbing course.

I took a deep breath and strap my self in. Take it one step at a time "Faster!" he yelled again. What the hell was I thinking this will never work I knew I will never pass the test the only reason I was going through all this trouble is so I can at least say I tried and my family will get off my back.

 The timer went off with a loud buzzing sound. And with me yet again failing the course. Slowly going down the wall I unstrap myself.

 "Each course is made for you to be able complete in a minute or less" my father said walking towards me "You did it in 10 minutes and you still couldn't finish it" he said crossing his arms. I didn't answer because first off I was out of breath from doing a 5-course obstacle course, and plus I knew there was no point.

 "You need to train more" that was the last thing I wanted to hear. We train every morning and he doesn't give me enough time to change and go take Max to school. "Be here at 7"

 "But--" I stopped myself once he glared at me "I can do it please don't change the times" I tried to plead.

 "Why? from my understanding I thought you didn't have a job"

 "I do am a nanny remember," I told him.

 "I still don't understand," he said shaking his head "Ok how about this" he said walking closer to me face to face "You have two weeks to train yourself, and if you don't pass you'll train every day with me and focus only this and forgot about your day job"

 My jaw drop. If I didn't pass then I will quite and never see Max or Kevin again and I couldn't;t let that happen "Deal" I said taking out my sweaty hand. Somehow I felt like I just made a deal with a devil.

After training, I took a quick shower so I can be on time to pick up Max.

 "Dor!" Max came running towards me before I had a chance to close the car door behind me.

 "Hey, Nemo" I said giving him a new nickname. He jumped into my arms and I lift him up kissing him on the cheeks. "How was school?" I asked.

 "Good" he said putting his arms around my neck "Mr. Drake, fell"