Chapter 4

Kevin

 "Let me get this straight" I was in my office with Josh, it has been a week since my birthday. And that horrible 'surprise' he gave me.

 "You send her to pick up Max, and then you get a call from Frank saying he hasn't seen her or Max?" I don't understand why he has to repeat everything I just told him.

 Rolling my eyes "Yes, how many times must we go over this?" I said slapping the files on my desk, I needed a drink. Getting up I went to the kitchen.

 "Because I'm trying to understand what's the problem that's why" he said following me. "Ok so when you found them, they were playing baseball what's wrong with that?" he said confused.

 "Her job was to pick him up not play, I was worried sick I thought something happened to Max!" I yelled slapping my drink on the table.

 Josh looked at me and shock "This is the first time I ever seen you care about Max well being" I glared at him.

 "And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked

 "Look, man, let's face it every since Kaley died you not once ever looked nor cared for Max well being, If I didn't know any better I'll say Rose is more of a parent then you" I didn't know what to say, I couldn't say it was true I did care about Max. It's just every time I look into his eyes I see so much of Kaley that it drives me crazy. Looking down at my drink I said "That's not true"

 "Isn't it Kev, what is his favorite food?" he asked stepping closer to me. When I didn't answer he gave me a smirk "Thought so, the only thing you know is when he was born but even so when was the last time you told him a happy birthday" and with that, he turns and walked towards the door. 

 "So what do you want me to do?" I asked.

 "I'm not going to tell you how to raise your kid, but you should start finding him a mother. I know you haven't told him about Kaley but sooner or later he's going to start digging for information" and with that, he shut the door and left. Leaving me with my thoughts.

It was getting late, and if it wasn't for the janitor I would have stayed for the night. I've been thinking about what Josh said all day.

 Was I really a bad parent?

 Does Max hate me?

 How do I even start raising him?

 Is it even too late?

 So many questions kept running through my head. You should start finding him a mother, what the hell did he mean by that? is he saying I should move on?

 "Sir" I looked out the window to see we were park right outside my favorite bar.

 "What are we doing here?" I asked.

 "Sir, it's Wednesday" Frank, my driver said. I let out a sigh and got out of the car, I guess a few drinks wouldn't hurt.

 "Hey Mr. P" Jerry the owner of the bar said.

 "Hey Jerry, just get me the usual" taking a seat I put my head down. I started to think what was best for Max. I didn't want to lose my son, but I didn't also want to replace Kaley. I didn't want to fall in love all over again, I can't stand to go through the heartache of losing another person I love.

 After my sixth glass, the same thoughts were running through my mind. I felt someone sitting next to me.

 "Just sweet tea please" who drinks tea at a bar? I turn to scream at the clown girl from last week.

 "You!" she yelled getting up, I guess she also remember's me."Do you have any idea what kind of hell you put me through!" she got into my face. This is the first time I ever have gotten this close with a clown, and for some reason, I wasn't really that scared. Without her makeup I now realized that she was black, I never thought black people worked as clowns also. As she yelled I kept looking into her eyes they were light brown, my eyes slowly moved down from her neck to her chest. WOW, this clown was packing. Her boobs were so full and huge, can her shirt not be any tighter I swear I could see her nipples just wanting to pop out. How did I not see this? how was she able to hide this body in a clown suit.

 She was wearing a white tank top shirt, with blue jean shorts and some black boots. And I must say those shorts are doing wonders for that ass. When I decided to look up she was still yelling, I took another sip of my drink and looked down towards her boobs again. I so badly wanted to touch them--- wait a minute what is wrong with me? Never in my years have I ever thought about another woman. And now some clown got me feeling hot all over. Shaking off the feeling I tried so badly to listen, but at the same time, I didn't care. My focus had to be on Max if I was going to make us work. I got up to quick and everything came as a blur.

 "Oh, shit" I hold my head trying to stop the spinning but it wasn't helping.

 "Hey--" I tried to walk but then someone slips and landed on something soft.

 "What do you think you're doing!" I heard a voice say. I didn't answer, I'm in love with this pillow I just landed on I reached under my head and grabbed the pillow "Aww so soft" I said pushing my head in more.