Chapter 27

Jackie

This is all your fault.

"Hey, Jackie"

Stay the hell away from my family.

"Jackie"

I'll make sure you'll never see or get near Max and Kevin ever again.

"Jackie wait up"

Hasn't Max suffered enough?

"Jackie!" I felt someone grab my shoulders and spin me around. I was about to punch the shit of them until I realize it was Josh, Kevin's friend.

"Whoa calm down" he said putting his hands up. I slowly drop my hands and tried to catch my breath. I am at the park going for a morning run trying to--forget.

"Hi" I said taking off my headphones and pressing pause on my KPod. What I really wanted to say is can't you people leave me the fuck alone.

"Hey can we talk?" he asked pointing towards a bench nearby.

"Listen I already said I'll keep my distance--"

"She wants to make it finalize," Josh said showing me a folder. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the bench.

"What would happen if I break the contract?" I asked as we took a seat. He handed me the folder.

"You will have to pay a fine and most lately end up in jail" I jumped and looked up at him in shock.

"I'm sorry," he said giving me a weak smile.

"Not as sorry as I am" I said reaching my hand out towards him. He took it as a sign and pulled out a pen from his inside his suit pocket. I quickly signed it and give him back the folder.

"For what its worth he woke up" I turn my head towards the children playing on the playground. "It seems he has a short memory loss. He forgot that Kaley died" faced him. "But don't worry his parents told him. It seems he is using this chance to start over"

"So does that mean he forgot about me" I said taking a deep breath.

"I'm not sure he hasn't asked about you" He said looking away towards the kids.

I got up from the bench and started to stretch "Hows Max doing?" I asked.

"He won't eat anything unless it's made by you" I smiled at the thought "He keeps asking for you"

"He's still young soon he will end up forgetting. Give Max a kiss for me" I said as I started to go back to my run.

"I'm home" I said walking into the apartment. I was greeted by Bobo "Hey buddy" I said patting him on his head and walking past him. Ever since what happened my family has been watching my every move. When they heard that I walking into a gangster's office and got the CEO shot, they thought I was crazy. And what shocks them more is when an old middle-aged woman and man randomly walking into our apartment and demand to take Max. It was a horrible scene. My mom and bothers fought hard to keep Max, and Max would not let go of me. He begged me to make stay with us. Soon I had to tell them to stop and that Max belongs with them. At first, I thought my father would be happy that Max is finally gone, but now ever since he left he won't even look at me.

I went up to my room and took a shower. After my shower, I turn on the T.V. Its the only way I can see him. When Kevin got shot it was all over the news, and when they found out it was by Volkvo the police started to become involved. Long story short Volkvo and his company have a history. Although I am happy justice was serve I feel like at what price? Kevin was in a coma for weeks and Max was ripped away from us. I knew sooner or later this is going to happened, but I was hoping it was going to happen when I leave. My mom thought it would be a good idea to take a family vacation to get our mind off things, but I knew this was just her way of saying forget everything ever happened. I didn't want to forget Max or Kevin. I didn't want to forget the boy I loved as if he was my own child. I boy I put a smile on. And I definitely didn't want to forget the man I fell in love with.

I didn't want to go with my family on there stupid trip, so I stayed home. I heard the doorbell ring and I got up. I open the door and jumped into Aaron's arms.

"It's ok"

"They made me sign a restraining order" I said crying into his arms. He picked me up and closed the door behind us with it foot carry me to the living room.

"Is your family home?"

"No they went on vacation" I said wiping my tears.

"Why did you sign it? I thought you of all people were going to fight back" he bent down to sit on the couch with me on his lap.

"Why choice did I have Aaron?" I said taking a deep breath. " There right its all my fault. I should have quite the moment I started-" I stop myself.

"You love him" It wasn't a question it was a statement. "So what are you going to do now?" he asked.

"The only thing I can do. Move on and count down until its time for me to leave, and watch them from a distance" I laid my head on his chest. "I just hope one day he will understand how sorry I am" Aaron warp his arms around me and started to make circles around my back.

"When is your date?"

"June 1st"

"On your birthday," he said in shock.

"Ironic isn't it," I said with a smile.

"Well I know one thing. I won't be leaving" He said kissing me on top of my head.

Yeah, maybe it is best that we move on.