Chapter 41

Jackie

Kevin went out to spend some time with Max which I was all here for. I am happy to have some time to myself. I got to spend some with my sister we were at the mall shopping and walking around.

 "So how's Max doing?" Esther asked. I haven't told my family what happens to Max because I knew if I did they will take the matter into there own hands. and I wanted Kevin and I to be the ones to take care of it.

"He's been doing okay. He was sick for a few days" I say as we're walking.

 "Why didn't you tell mama? you know she would have made some soup for him"

 "Yeah, I know. But I got this Esther. I don't need you guys to help me with everything" I say rolling my eyes. She bumps my shoulder and laughs.

 "Alright. But how are things with you and Kevin? Are you okay living with them. You know mom and dad are still not happy about you moving out"

 "Yeah well, they will just have to get over it. It's not like I am going to be living there for a year" I see H&M up ahead and make my way towards the store with Esther following next to me.

 "You still haven't told him" She said. I didn't answer.

 "Man Jackie, you know it's only going to make it harder" We enter H&M.

 "I know Esther," I say with a sigh. She doesn't ask any more questions and we continue our shopping.

"If you really love them you should tell him," She says. I don't say anything and walk to the other side of the rack.

 "I heard they killed another person" Esther says as we looking at the racks of clothes.

 "They're always killing people," I say.

After our shopping free, we say goodbye and I take the subway home. As I'm walking towards the subway I hear someone call my name. I turn around to see Aaron pulling up towards me in his car.  He pulls down his window and smiles.

"Hey Jackie"

"Aaron?" I say in surprise. "How are you it's been forever" 

 "I know. I've been doing well how's Max? The class has been missing him"  

"He's doing better. Hopefully, by next week he should be going back to school. Thanks for sending his work" I said with a smile. I felt the cold wind starting to pick up and I pull my scarf tighter around my neck.

 "Hey, you want to a ride? It looks like it's going to snow soon" 

 "Thank you that would be nice" I say making my way towards the passenger seat.