Chapter 11

Jackie

"Fuck" I said trying to tame my hair. I woke up late and there are only a few minutes before it's time to send Max to school and I have to make him breakfast, fuck it I'll just pick something up at McDonald's. I barely even had time to change, If it wasn't for my dad and his stupid training I would have woke up on time. Last weekend he woke me up at 4 in the morning to do some drills, then we ran for like 30 miles.  And that's not even the half of it now he got me changing the way I eat too, I didn't know it would be this much work to join the army.  I never thought I could feel so much pain in so many different body parts.

 I drove to Max's house like a madwoman, as soon as I got to the house I unlocked the door. yes, I have a key "I'm here" I said out of breath walking into the kitchen to find no one there.

 "Hello?" I said putting down the breakfast. My body was too sore to go up the stairs so I decided to call Kevin.

 "And so are sleep beauty woke up"

 "Where's Max?" I said rolling my eyes.

 "Since you didn't show up I had Frank drop him off" letting out a breath I slowly drop my body to the floor.

 "Thank God" I said.

 "We have some things to talk about clown" I quickly sat up causing to feel a sharp pain traveling through my back.

 "Ahh, what is it" I said touching my back.

 "Well on Saturday I woke this morning to find four screaming kids at my front step"  as soon as he said that that's when I remember about Max's playdate.

 "Welll" I said slowly getting up and walking towards the living room "You see what happen wasssss" I said with a laugh.

 "Yes" he said.

 "I invited some of the kids from Max's school to come over" I sat on the couch "I mean I wanted to help him make friends, and I'm sorry I forgot to tell you please don't be mad" I said removing my phone from my ear to prepare for the yelling. But after a while, I didn't hear anything so I got worried "Uh...hello?"

 "Yeah" he said.

 "Uh...did you say something?" I asked getting ready for the yelling.

 "I said ok" I stared at the phone in shock.

 "Ok?" I said more in as a question.

 "Ok" there was an awkward silence.

 "Ok.....so I'll just go home then?" I said not sure myself.

 "Are you asking or telling?" he said.

 "I don't know" I answered honestly.

 "Look, you can stay if you want just don't break anything or go into my office" he yelled the last part out.