Chapter 18

Kevin

 "Here's the files you wanted," Josh said walking into my office.

 "Alright," I said not looking up still looking at my phone "You can set them down" After a few minutes, I felt like he was still here. I looked up to see I was right "What?" I said and went back to my phone.

 "That's it," He said.

 "What do you want, Josh?" I said getting annoyed with him already.

 " Dude, ever since you got here you've been glued to that phone" he said walking around my desk to come near me "And what are you looking at anyway" I quickly tried to hide my phone from him, but he quickly  took it from my hands "Oh, my gosh really man, your stalker her Instagram now" he said laughing "I'm surprised you haven't liked any of her pictures yet" 

 I took my phone my back away from him "If I did then she would know, I was looking" 

 "Man, it seems to me she and Max are having an awesome time without you, are you sure you're his father?" Josh said making fun. I rolled my eyes. "What happened Thanksgiving, did Max forgive you?" When he said that that's when I knew I fucked up. Although Max said he forgive me, the fact I never even asked him for it was bad enough.

 "Yeah," I said getting up and turning around looking view of the city. Josh came to stand next to me "I don't know man" looking down at the people below "I—I know I'm getting help right?" I said more like a question "And—and I feel different, but when I saw them I—-" I let out a sigh. 

 Josh pat me on the back "Aye, just take it one step at a time. It wasn't like in one day everything was going to be ok these things take time" I nobbed my head agreeing with him.

 "But if I were you, I would kinda speed up that progress because it seems like Max's teacher is putting the moves on your clown," he said referring to the picture he saw of Max, Jackie and Mr. Drake at a baseball game.

 "I mean, how the hell did that happen?" I said not understanding when did she start seeing him.

"Good luck" Josh said turning away and walking towards the door.

 After work, I stop by Max's school.

 so you're stalking them now, I can just hear Josh's voice now.

 I parked my car a few feet away from the school. Max should be getting out by now it's 2:30 and school ends at 2 PM. A few minutes later I saw Jackie, Max, and Mr. Drake walking out of the school and walking towards the school parking lot. Max was holding Jackie's hand and Mr. Drake's hand with the other. Besides Max's skin color they looked like a real family. They both were smiling and laughing at what Max said.