Chapter 26

Kevin

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Uh....What is that noise?

I woke up to a beep sound and to bright light. As my eyes started to adjust, I realized I was in a white bed wearing a white gown. I felt something cover my nose and mouth and is was bothering me. When I reach to touch it I realized my body is connected to a bunch of wires.

 Where am I?

Looking around the cream color room I notice a table next to me full of flowers, colorful bags with huge balloons reading get well soon. A t.v in hanging in on the wall in front of me, and a long window on the left side of my bed. I took of the thing that is covering my mouth. Slowly trying to sit up I felt a pain shoot through my chest.

"Shit" Touch my chest and felt a huge bandage.

 What happened to me?

Suddenly a woman wearing blue scrubs came into the room.

"Oh my God" she quickly runs out of the room and comes back with a man wearing a long white coat with green scrubs. He is a short brown skin man with short light black hair. The man quickly rushes towards my side. He has a clipboard in one hand and stethoscopes around his neck.

"Great to have you back Mr. Powers, and Merry Christmas eve," The man says in a thick Indian accent "You gave us quite a scare," he said putting his stethoscope into his ears.

"Thank you?" I said confused. I realized it took a lot of effort to even speak because my throat is killing me. It seemed like the women notice and she quickly went into the mini-fridge that I just found out the room has. And gave me a bottle of water. I gave her a smile as my way of saying thank you and drink the water.

"Doctor should I inform his family?" said the women.

"Not yet lets run some test first before we call just to make sure he is well" he answered.

"Umm, can you please tell me where am I?" I asked.

"You're in the hospital and my name is Dr. Kari. You have been in a coma for—-" he stops to think.

"3 weeks, sir" The women answers.

"Umm, How did that happe—no what happened?" I asked.