Chapter 36

Kevin

"Mr. Powers I need you so check over these and sign them"

 "Mr. Powers your 2 o'clock is here"

 "Mr. Powers I just receive a call from Google HQ and they said they will agree with our offer"

  Since  I started going back to work, the office has been super busy. A good kind of busy. Everything has gone back to normal and I am actually happy? I don't if that would be the best word to describe it, but I am truly happy. Coming home every night and waking up to the two people I love is more than what I can ask for. Although everything is going well, I keep having this deep feeling in my chest that it will soon all before. Almost as if this is just a dream that I will soon wake up from. 

 A knock on the door woke me up from my thoughts "Come in" I said. I looked up from the computer screen to see Josh walking in. I roll my eyes and got back to work. Ever since I found it was Josh who wrote that restraining order for Jackie I have not talked to him.

 "What is it?" I ask as he walks up in front of my desk. 

 "Look man--"

 "Unless it's about work you can just get the fuck out" I couldn't control my anger.

 "I just did what your parents told me to do. If anything I thought I was doing the right thing. I mean it was my fault you guys even met" He quickly said.

 I slowly looked up from my computer to face him.

 "I'm sorry" he says looking at me with pleading eyes. I let out a sigh and get up "I know" I said walking towards him.

 "If it isn't clear now, I love her and nothing is going break that" I stared him down.

 "I know that now. That's the same way I feel about my wife. I promise I  will never listen to your parents ever again" He said with a cheesy smile. I roll my eyes and smile back at him. Josh opens his arms and I shake my head.

 "Naw man" I said walking away. 

 "Not so fast" He comes and hugs me from behind.

 "Aye, get off me" I yell trying to pull his arms off me. He doesn't let go and lifts me up "Come on man your messing up my suit"

 "So you forgive me?" he says.

 "Like I had a choice" I reply.

 "You dam right!" He laughs and puts me down. I fix my suit and turn to look at him "Get back to work!" I yelled.