Chapter 10

 Kevin

Today is my first day off if it wasn't for my staff and Josh pushing me out the door demanding me to take a day off, more like a weekend off I wouldn't be home right now. I woke up to the smell-- wait a minute. I quickly got up from bed smelling the air that's wired. I got up and put on my robe and slippers, walking out of my room and going downstairs I kept trying to sniff the air and again I smelled nothing.

 Coming into the kitchen I saw Max with a bowl of cereal with the clown nowhere in sight.

 "Where is she?" I asked.

 "Doryleft" Dory? 

 "Ok" I said making my way towards the stove to see if she cooked "Do you kno--" the doorbell ring. I turned around to see Max running towards the door "Hold on--" I said running trying to stop him.

 "Max!" I heard a bunch of people scream, running towards the door I almost ran over by a bunch of little kids.

 "What the--"

 "Come on guys, let's go to the backyard" there had to be at least six loud, screaming kids here what the hell are they doing in my house?

 "Oh, hold up" I said coming in front of them to stop them from entering the backyard "Who are you people and where are your parents?" I said holding my hands up.

 "Hi Mr. Powers" I looked down to see Micky as I looked around that's when I realize these are people from Max's school.

 "Hello Micky" his parents work for me.

 "We're here for Max's play date" play date, they still have those?

 "Yeah Jackie told us it was ok to come by and hang out today" said another kid, who I did not know.

 "Jackie?" who the hell is that?

 "Yeah, Max's mommy" wait the clown's name is Jackie?  she did not tell me anything about a play date when she gets back she's going to get it. I didn't want to respond when the little boy said the clo---I mean Jackie was Max's mom that was a complicated situation.

 "Alright," I said moving out of their way "You kids have fun, Um Max can I speak to you please," I said walking towards the living room. As he sat down that's when I realize what he was wearing "What's that?" I asked.

 He looked down at his shirt "Oh, that's sponge bob" he said.

 "When did you get that?" I asked confused.

 "Dory bought it for me" he answered.

 "Ok, now who's Dory?" I was getting tired of now knowing this name I already have a house full of kids I didn't know.

 "Jackie" he answered.

 "Why do you call her Dory?"

 "Because she said I can" ok deciding to let that go I sat next to him.