Chapter 3

Jackie

Standing near the limo in front of the school I realize something, I don't know who Max is? I can't believe I just said yes when he said he'll pay me 50 bucks more. I mean with the money I get paid with today I'll be able to pay off my loans and some of my bills. I watch as the parents picking up there kids give me weird looks, yup if I saw a woman dress as a clown near a limo I would think she was crazy too.

 "Hey lady, where's your clown car?" I heard one kid say.

"At your dad's house getting it clean!" I yelled back. I don't care if it was just a little kid I wasn't going to be spoken to that way. I heard other kids laughing at my joke, aye as a clown sometimes you have to tell it like it is. Looking around I tried to look for a mini size Kevin. After an hour all the parents and cars were gone. Where is this kid? not wanting to wait any longer I told the driver I'll be back and walking into the school. For an elementary school, it was huge I would have thought this was a high school. Walking down the halls I heard a sound of a window crashing. I broke out in a run, running towards the sound.

"Is anyone hurt!" I yelled opening the door. I looked around to see no one in the classroom "Hello" I said walking in I felt something crack underneath me looking down I saw broken glass and a baseball. Picking it up I walked towards the broken window.

 "Where did it go?" I turned around to see a little boy walking by. Stepping over the glass I walked out of the classroom in time to stop the boy.

"Hey!" I yelled. The boy turns around, he was dressed in a baseball uniform wearing a baseball cap with the school's logo on it.

 "I think you mashed something" showing him the ball. He slowly put his head down and started walking towards me "I'm sorry miss clown, please don't tell my dad" I was taken back by this most kids would have run or lied. I smiled and patted his head "It's all good, no one got hurt just be careful next time alright?" the boy smiled and looked up at me. 

 "Ok" He says. We both went to look for a janitor to let them know about the broken window.

I bent down to reach his level "Shouldn't you be at home kid?" the boy looked away.

 "I was waiting for them but they never showed" Looking down at my watch I realize it wasn't too late I guess I could wait until the kid's parents came. "How about this in the meantime I'll show you how to throw a baseball" the boy looks up and gave me the biggest smile. This is why I do what I do.

"I did it!" he yelled catching the ball.

"Good job, now throw it back" The boy and I have been playing for over three hours, I was starting to think his parents won't ever show. I wanted to ask him who his parents were and dose he knows how to get home but I was having to much fun that I didn't want this day to end.