Chapter 2

Kevin

I love Janet, but I could never be with her. It wasn't fair, I couldn't do that to Kaley after all she is her sister. This is why I made this rule, I couldn't handle another heartache it's like Kaley all over again. And the fact I did it with her sister is a disgrace to her memory.

 I felt something on my lips, I licked my lips. 

icing? Ohh vallina my favorite. 

I started to lick my lips again, man this taste awesome.

 "Keep that beast to your self!" I felt a sharp sting on the left side of my face. Opening my eyes I looked up to meet face with a clown.

 "Ahh!" I screamed pushing the clown away from me. 

How the hell did it get in?

"Aye, take it easy I just saved you life!" I heard the clown yell, still freak out I took slow deep breaths. Today wasn't my day I said looking down trying to keep my breathing.

 "Oh my gosh, that was priceless" I looked up to see my best friend Josh laughing his ass off. I rolled my eyes and looked around my office to find cake everywhere in the middle of my office.

 "What the hell?" I said confused. I got up from the floor fixing my suit when I realize there are cake stains "What happened to my office?" I asked.

 "Happy birthday dude!" I heard Josh yelled coming at me with pieces of cake in his hands heading towards me I quickly ducked.

 "Gee thank's it's not like I missed a spot right?" I turn around to find the clown right behind me with cakes stain on its custom.

 "I swear Josh this better not be what I think it is!" I yelled while Josh tried to hide his smile.

 Taking a step back standing next to Josh I said: "Why the hell is there a clown in my office?" 

 "I was hired," the clown said trying to eat the cake off its face "And your buddy, here" pointing at Josh I slowly gave him a glare knowing it had to be him, "Thought it will be funny to prank you, by the way, which is so wrong" licking more icing the clown kept talking "I guess you got so scared that you started to have a panic attack" 

 "I'm sorry man," Josh said touching my shoulder, shook him off.

 "My ass" My office phone started to ring, I looked out the clown one last time then picked up the phone "Yes"

 "Sir, your 4:00 is here" dang it, I forgot about that meeting.

 "Ok, I'll be there in ten" I said hanging up, at that moment that's when I remember I had to get Max. Walking towards the broken frame I picked it up and took a deep breath "Josh"

 "Yo," he said walking to sit down on my couch and putting his feet up.

 "Don't think you're off the hook for this shit" I said putting the frame on my desk.

 "Look--"

 "I need you to pick up Max for me" I said facing him.

 "As much I would love to see the little dude, I can't I have three clients today day and Maya wants me home early."He answered.

 "I'm just letting you know now if it's a party I'm not going" turning back to my desk I start to get my things "So what I'm supposed to do?" I asked.

 "I'm still getting paid right?" I turn to see the clown---wait a girl? wiping her face along with her makeup standing near the kitchen.

 "Don't worry" Josh said rolling his eyes "Why don't you just get Kate I saw her walking out, she could be going to get him now"

 "Kate is no longer with us"

 "What do you mean?" he said sitting up.

 "She quit," I said plan and simple bringing my phone.

 "Hey I have an idea," Josh said getting up and walking towards the clown--uh.. girl, whatever.

 "She can pick up Max" putting his arm around my shoulder.

 "Wait--"

 "I'll pay you 50 bucks more," he said giving her a wink.

 "Sold" what? after all that she says yes, this girl must be in it for the money.

 "How much you paid her before?" I asked.

 "3 times more then what she gets paid with," he said with a smirk.

 "What do you say Kev?"

 "How do I know I can trust her?" I asked crossing my arms. Suddenly it seems like a light bulb went off in his head and he quickly ran out leaving me with the clown girl.

 "Uh.. some birthday" I heard her say, giving her a look she quickly shut up. Josh came back with a black watch.

 "What are you doing with that?" he walks over to her and puts it on her.

 "There now we will know where she is at all time, and you'll  be able to communicate with her" 

 "You know that's only a prototype it hasn't been tested yet" I said walking towards him but keeping my distance from her.

 "Well now we can," he said like it was that simple.

 "Wait a minute--so you're telling me to trust this stranger, this clown? with my son" I said looking at him as if he lost his mind.

 "Well..ya" he answers. I rolled my eyes.

 "Hey I'm willing to help, plus I work with kids" the girl said with a smile. She looks way better  than when she had the makeup "It's kinda part of the job"

 "See she has experience." Josh said "Look we are all going to be late for our meeting to deal with it now and pay for it later, so which is it going to be? "

 "Fine!" I yelled throwing my hands in the air "Look, I'll have a driver pick you in the front to take you. And I swear if anything happens to him" I said stepping towards her "I'll carve out that stupid smile from your face."  and with that, I left my office.