Chapter 35

Jackie

I stretch out arms to--wait a minute. I reached over beside me and felt nothing. Quickly opening my arms I saw that I am in an empty bed.

"That bitch" I rip the covers off of my body and get up from the bed. "After all that at least you could have said morning to be me" I go into the bathroom and take a shower. Once I am dressed and already packed, I go to the kitchen where I saw Kevin and Max eating breakfast at the table.

"Morning Max" I walk up towards him and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I ask.

"Yeah, daddy and I had a sleepover" I look over at Kevin to see him staring really hard at his food.

"Oh really?" I said walking near Kevin and taking his glass of orange juice.

"So Max, did you have fun in this sleepover?" I took a sip of the juice.

"Well....not really, Dad came into my room late at night and just went to sleep. He wouldn't even play with me" he said with a sad face.

"Max why don't you go pack your things and get ready to leave," Kevin said still not looking at me. When Max left the kitchen, I rolled my eyes and took a seat across from him and made myself a plate. Kevin and I eat in silence and I think that's a good thing. There is no telling what I do if he were to speak to me. When I am done with my breakfast, I take Max and I empty plates to the sink. Arms wrap around my waist.

"Hell no" I say trying to rip his arms off of me.

"Jackie--"

"No Kevin, you can't do that shit and think everything is cool" I say trying to hold back my tears.

Since when did I become such a punk?

"If I was bad, then you should have said so"

"What? no, Jackie, the reason I left the room was that I couldn't sleep" I slowly turn around to face him.

"you couldn't sleep?" I say confused.

"What kind of fucked-up----"

"Jackie you snore" he interrupts me.

"And I'm not talking about those little once in a while snores. Girl you snore like there's a fucking bomb heading right towards us. Baby, you snore so loud that people in China-----"

"I got it" I say putting my hands up.

Kevin looks down and smiles at me "I'm sorry for not giving you your good morning kiss, but I could not---"

"I said I got it!" I yelled. I push him away from me and walk away.

"You still mad?" he asked.

"No" I let out a breath. Suddenly he comes and wraps his arms around me again "You know I love you right?" I look up at him "I don't know" I say. He leans forward and takes both of hands on my face and starts to kiss me all over my face.