Chapter 38

Kevin

"Boss" I looked up to see Josh walking into my office.

 "What's up" I say getting back to work.

 "We have a problem" He says. I slowly look up to face him "Have you been watching the news lately?" He asks taking a seat across from my desk.

 "About what?"

 "This whole ISIS issue isn't looking too good for the U.S and the president is even thinking about going into war" I sit back to take it all in. When I hear things like this I start to think about what is going to happen to Max when he grows up and what kind of world he will be living in.  Always being in fear.

 "So what does that have to do with us?" I ask trying to understand his point.

 "If we were going to go into war, the government wants us to supply them with weapons and are technology" He answers.

 "Wow" I say in shock. It's not like the government never asked for our help before, but for war, it just didn't really sit well with me. I build this company to help and improve people's lives not to take it.

 "I don't know. I'll have to sit on this" I say brushing my fingers through my hair.

 "Alright, take your time I just wanted to give you the heads up" He says getting up.

 "So how's Max doing? my wife has been asking about him"

 "He's doing great. Everything is great" I say with a smile.

 "I haven't seen a smile like that in forever. That's good to hear take care man" He says walking out of my office.

 "Later" As he shuts the door my phone rings.

"Mr. Powers" 

 "Yes?" I answer.

"This is the principal from Max's school Sir, could you please come to my office as soon as possible" I hear yelling in the background.

 "Is every okay? I here yelling" I say getting up from my desk and packing my things.

I don't give a shit call the police!

You crazy ass women!

Come at me!

"Yes, uhh---Quite you will not be screaming in my office!" I had to pull my ear away from the phone because of the yelling. "Just meet me at my office Mr. Powers" and then the line went dead.

Confused about what just happen I quickly left my office and called Frank to meet me at the school in case. When I got to the school before I even reached the office I heard yelling. I open the door without knocking and saw Jackie looking like she is about to knock someone out with Matt are her side  And Max standing in the far corner. I quickly stepped in front of her to stop her.