Chapter 48

Kevin

"Aw she's so cute" said Jackie once we entered the room. Josh's wife delivered their first baby girl. Thank God she looks like her mom and not her dad. Jackie went to Amber's side and looked at the baby sleeping in her arms.

I walked up to Josh and handed him a gift bag.

"Thanks," He said taking the bag. We both smiled at each other.

"Where's Max?"

"School" I reply. "She's finally here" I walked towards Jackie's side and looks down at the beautiful baby girl. I don't remember much when Max was born. Everything happened so fast. As soon as Max is taken away to get checked up by the nurse Kaley was gone. I looked up at Josh and Amber's smiling faces. Full of love and relief.

"Did you guys name her yet?" Jackie ask.

"We were thinking of naming her Crystal" answered Amber.

"That's a beautiful name"

"Would you like to hold her?"

"May I?" Jackie whispered. Amber handed Crystal to her and Jackie easily brought her into her arms.

"Hi Crystal" she yawns in reply. The way Jackie hold Crystal brought butterflies. It made me imagine how life would be like if Jackie and We had a child our own. I smiled at the thought.

We stayed with them for a few minutes until it was time to feed Crystal. We said our goodbyes and headed to Harry's seafood and grill for lunch. Jackie and I ate in silence. We still haven't talked to each other. The only time we speak to each other if has something to do with Max. We try our best not so show are true emotions in Infront of Max. As we ate in silence I started to remember that Jackie's birthday is coming up soon. I stop eating at the thought. I can't believe we spend this much time not speaking to each other. I look up at Jackie to see she bearly touched her plate. I let out a sigh.

"Jackie" I call her name for the first time in months.

"Yes" she says not looking up at me.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" Jackie quickly looks up at me when I finish as the question.

"My birthday?" She says confused.

"Yeah, June is coming up in a few days so is there anything you want? I know we've not spoken to each other in a while, but that doesn't mean I stopped caring" Jackie pauses for a moment to think. The look on her face tells me she forgot all about her birthday. Her face changes and she frowns.

"Let us just forget about it," She says then takes a bite of her pasta.

I look at her confused "Why? I'm sure Max will be excited to celebrate with you. Also, it will be the first of many for us" Once I said that Jackie drops her fork.