Kissing Back

I felt my body being shaken. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. My arms were folded under me and I raised my head from my arms. My computer screen was black but when my arm accidentally hit the space bar it turned on instantly.

   ' I fell asleep at my computer? '

    " Y/n, it's time to get up. "

I looked up and saw Mikasan shaking me awake. I raised my body and twisted it. I looked back at Mikasan to see her slightly smiling. I stood from the chair and stretched even more. I heard a couple of pops from my back.

   " What time is it? "

   " It's 10 in the morning. "

   " Okay thank you. "

She left and I started to get changed into some comfortable clothes. I slipped on some slippers and combed my hair. I left my room and walked downstairs. I saw Million dusting the fans and I noticed Mikasan trimming the bushes outside. I walked to the couch and sat down on the corner. I turned the TV on and started watching the news hoping to see something interesting. I heard a door open and I looked over to see Oliver's office door open. Oliver walked out wearing a white half-sleeved shirt and light grey sweat pants. He had grey slippers on and he wore black glasses.

   " I thought you had perfect vision. "

   " I wore contacts. Usually, when I'm home I wear my glasses so I don't wear out my contacts too much. "

   " Oh. "

His glasses were black-rimmed. They fit his eyes perfectly. He walked over to me and sat on the couch beside me. He picked up a book and started reading it. I kept glancing over at him every once in a while and sometimes I would catch him glancing at me. Eventually, I kept my eyes on the Tv and they started talking about the airport. 

   " A couple of weeks ago we heard gunshots at the airport nearby. "

   " Did they ever find out who was the shooter? "

   " No, they said that the people inside saw a woman running through a crowd. She ran so fast they couldn't identify her or stop her. "

   " Crazy huh? What's even crazier is the body found at the takeoff and landing area. Apparently the police can't identify the gun he was shot with but the ambulance got there as quick as they could. "

   " Did the man survive? "

   " Well, they said-"

The TV turned off as soon as they were about to talk about Ryo's condition. I wasn't able to find anything last night on Ryo. So, this morning might have been my only shot. I looked over at Oliver who set the remote back on the couch. 

   " Why did you turn the TV off? "

   " Because that's information you don't need to hear. "

   " But-"

   " No, buts. It's too late now. They probably have already said it. "

   " Probably. "

It was silent. The TV was the only thing that made a sound and filled the room with sound. Oliver was still reading his book and I was now just sitting on the couch starring at the floor. 

   " Y/n I want to talk about something. "

   " Yes? "

   " It's a conversation I don't want Million or Mikasan to hear. So, if we could go into my study that would be better. "

   " Alright. "

I stood up and followed him. We walked to his office and he shut the doors behind me as we walked inside. I walked to the couch that sat in front of the fireplace and sat down. Oliver walked in front of the couch and sat on the floor in front of me. He sat in front of me and stood on his knees. He folded his arms and rested them on top of my knees. 

   " Y/n I wanted to talk about last night. "

   " Last night? "

   " Yes, when we came home from our date. We....kissed. "

   " Y-Yes. "

   " D-Did it mean anything to you. Because it meant everything to me. "

   " O-Oliver..."

I looked into his eyes and they looked very hopeful. I felt my heartbeat quicken.

   ' If I say the wrong thing it could be the end for me or someone out there. '

   " I-I... "

   " My muse? " He begged.

   " O-Oliver I was just....the moment was just right. You know? I-It was....It was just a kiss for the moment. I-I don't know how to.......describe it. I don't know what even happened. "

   " My muse. Look at me. "

My eyes moved away from the fireplace to his eyes. They held hope. I didn't know how to feel. Terrified or concerned. All I knew for sure was my heart was beating fast.

   " I love you with all my heart. I kissed you because like you said the moment felt right. I wanted to show you that I loved you. I felt you kiss me back and it gave me goosebumps. "

It got quiet. He didn't say anything. Nothing was said. He leaned up further and hugged me tightly.

   " I think I know what's going on. I'll have to plan more dates and soon. "

He leaned back and looked me in the eyes once more.

   " I love you, Y/n. No matter what. I will always love you, my muse. "

He stood up and kissed my forehead and then grabbed my hand. He pulled me off of the couch and walked me out of his study. We walked towards the back door leading to the garden. He unlocked the door and we walked outside. I saw Mikasan and Million playing with the hose like children. Oliver laughed at them at sat at a small table and watched them play. I sat on the steps and started thinking about my situation.

   ' Do I really want to escape? '