Olivers Hangout

I raised my head up from my desk as I heard the bell ring. I stood up and walked to my next class. I took what notes I could and went through the day staying stuck in my head. When the day ended I waited for Akane and Miro at the entrance. They never came.

   ' Where are they? '

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Miro.

You: Where are you and Akane?

She never replied back to my message. Eventually, I decided to start walking home on my own. I held the straps of my backpack as I walked. I felt emotionally unstable. I didn't feel mad when I should be after they ditch me, then I'm upset about James. I don't know. I felt something wet hit my nose and I looked up at the sky.

   ' Great timing mother nature. '

Then more and more came. It was a shower. I continued walking home instead of running. I didn't want to slip ( Me ). As I walked the cold rain hit me like I was being targetted by the rain. 

   ' This is really great timing for rain. This almost feels like a movie. '

Then the rain stopped hitting me. I looked up and saw an umbrella hovering over me. It was black with a shiny silver handle leading to a black, soft hook at the bottom. The hand that was holding it was Olivers.

   " Hey, Y/n. What are you doing walking in the rain? "

   " I didn't bring anything to shield me from it. "

   " I'll walk you home then. So you won't get even more soaked then you already are. "

   " Thanks, but you don't have to. "

   " I want to. "

I nodded and continued down the street towards my house. I looked up at Oliver and saw a small smile in his face.

   " What are you smiling about? "

   " The rain. "

   " The rain? "

   " Yeah, I like rain. It makes a good day to read a book. Then I just love hearing the rain hit things. It's like it's hitting notes on a piano. "

   " You are very creative aren't you? "

   " I suppose I am. "

   " How do you know the way to my house? "

   " Miro. "

   " Miro? "

   " Yes, she asked me to walk her home today. I said I would. When I got to her house I saw that it was about to rain. She mentioned how she hops you wouldn't get soaked on the way home. I asked her which way you were heading and I followed her directions. "

   " I see. "

   ' She will be mad that I stole her attention from him. '

I saw my house in front of us. I walked a little faster towards it and Olvier followed trying to keep me dry from the rain. I brought my keys out and opened my door. I walked inside and turned back towards Oliver.

   " Do you want to come in? "

   " I don't want to impose. "

   " It's fine. "

He nodded and followed me inside. I took my shoes off and walked to the kitchen.

   " Do want any hot chocolate? "

   " Sure. "

I started making 2 cups of hot chocolate. I walked over to the couch and sat down. I set Olivers hot chocolate on the coffee table. I relaxed against the couch and patted the spot next to me, signaling for Oliver to sit down. He did as I asked and sat down.

   " Have you ever....Have you ever fallen in love and had it taken away from you? "

   " Kind of. "

   " Explain, please. "

   " Well, I liked this girl and she liked someone else. They were dating and I felt heartbroken. I didn't lose her in the way you lost James, but I still lost her to another man. "

   " You didn't wait for her? For them to break up? "

   " No. I couldn't. I loved her so much, but after something happened between her boyfriend and her she never found interest in anyone again. She ignored me and left me. "

   " I'm sorry. "

   " It's okay. That's in the past now. I like someone else now anyway. "

   " Don't let her go like the last one. Tell her how you feel before someone steals this one away. "

   " That's the plan. It's not the right time yet though. "

   " Well, do it when you can. "

   " Thanks for the piece of advice. "

   " Any time. "

   " Do you think you will ever get over what happened with James? "

   " I don't know. I know he would want me to move on, but at the same time, I don't want to. I loved James with my whole heart. To have him killed when he proposed is shocking and terrible. "

   " I see. Well, if you ever want someone to talk to you can talk to me. "

I looked at him and tried smiling. I looked back down at my hot chocolate. It became silent once again. Until Oliver laughed.

   " This is quiet. To quiet. Do you want to watch something? "

   " Sure. "

I turned the TV on and handed him the remote. We started watching TV and sipping hot chocolate.