Getting Ready

I felt nervous. I was shaking. I was scared of trying to escape tonight. I lost Akane, Miro, and James. I didn't want to lose Ryo too. Ryo left to scope out the glass wall and I had left to look for something to smash the window. I thought about grabbing something in my room, but there's nothing that I could pick up and break the window. 

   ' What if I got a rose and cut the window with the thorn? Could that work? '

I walked downstairs and saw Million cleaning the living room.

   " Where are you going Y/n? "

   " I want to go outside and get something. "

   " I'll accompany you. "

   " Okay. I'll be quick. "

He nodded and we walked outside. I walked to the wall or thorns and roses. Million did look a little suspicious, but soon lost interest when I grabbed a rose off of the bush. The thorns on the rose were sharp and looked very durable. 

   " Why did you need a rose? "

   " I was reading a book about plants and it talked about the insides of a flower and I wanted to conduct my own test on one to see it for myself. "

   " Oh I see. Is that all you need out here my lady? "

   " It is. Thank you million. " 

   " It was nothing. "

We walked back inside and when we reentered the house I heard the front door open and lock. I looked and saw Oliver standing at the door with his school unifrom. 

   " I'm home! "

   " Hi, Oliver. "

Oliver stood there like he was waiting for me to say something specific.

   " What? "

   " Are you not gonna say ' Welcome home honey? ' or ' How was your day sweet heart? ', Anything like that? "

   " Nope. " 

   " Next time. "

   ' There won't be a next time. '

   " We'll see. "

He set his bag down and walked towards me. He pulled me into a hug and let go quickly. He took notice at the flower I was holding. 

   " Why do you have a rose? Is this a gift for me? "

   " No, I was going to conduct a plant dissection. "

   " Oh, I see. Want any help? "

   " No, thank you. I think I've got it. I read a book about it so I'm going to conduct a test using the book. "

   " Okay. Well let's go to my favorite room and I can practice my piano playing while you dissect in there. "

   " No! "

   ' Ryo is over there. I can't let him see Ryo or he's dead. '

   " Why not? "

   " Let's go outside and spend time there. I'm sure your piano playing is fine, but let's go outside and walk around. Maybe have a picnic? "

   " Sure. That sounds good. Million can you prepaire it quickly? "

   " I can. "

   " Thank you. "

Oliver grabbed my hand and we walked outside. I looked behind us to see Million preparing food and Mikasan took over Millions job and cleaned the living room. Oliver led me to the maze and we started walking around the winding walls. 

   " How was school? "

   " It was fine. We have finals in a couple of weeks and then once that's over graduation is another month and a half away. "

   " Is anyone looking for me? "

   " Only Ryo, but I think he's giving up. I told you he didn't love you as much as you thought. "

   " I guess. How's Akane? "

   " Still obsessive. "

   " Really? Yeesh, shes dedicated to getting you. "

   " Jealous? "

   " Not at all. "

We made it to the middle of the maze and a picnic basket waas on the table on the gazebo. We walked up the gazebo steps and I opened the basket. There were sandwiches and other small things to eat. Oliver and I sat on the rails of the gazebo and ate the food. When we finished the sun was setting and Oliver looked down at his watch to see the time.

   " We should head back. I have a meeting in a couple of minutes. "

   " Okay. "

He grabbed the basket and we started making our way out of the maze.

   " Why do you always have meetings? "

   " Because the managers and jerks know I am going to take over my fathers business in only a couple of months and they are trying to screw me over and get me to slip up. That way they can report it and make sure I don't get the position. Their greedy. "

   " I wouldn't want to work with those people. "

   " I don't but I have to. "

   " I'm sorry you have to work through that. "

   " It's not so bad when you look at the positive. I just have to survive a few more months and then I can take over the business and provide for you even more. "

   " Oh. "

We made it to the back door and it was dark now. There were many stars decorating the sky. Before I could walk inside the house Oliver pulled me back and held my arms. He held them gently as he looked into my eyes. 

   " Y/n thank you for staying with me. It means a lot to have you here. "

I only nodded and I felt him pull me close. He lifted my chin up and I gazed into his eyes. Before he could close the gap he whispered,

   " I love you. "

Then he connected our lips. I couldn't pull away because I had to play nice. I didn't want my chances getting slim. He's trusted me this far.

   ' I don't need him getting mad. If he gets mad he could lock me in my room. '

I let him kiss me, but I didn't kiss him back. He pulled away and cupped my cheeks gently. 

   " I hope one day you can love me back. "

He then walked away and left me outside. The cold air surrounded me as his warmth left me.  I stood there for a moment and watched through the glass door as Oliver walked into his meeting room. When the door shut I walked inside and made my way to my room. I changed into some comfy clothes that allow me to move freely and not get caught on anything. I left my room taking on last glance at it and walked out of the room closing the door behind me. I walked quietly to the room. I listened to hear any footsteps that Million or Mikasan might make if they were following me. I saw the door and walked to it. I opened it and took a breath.