New Home

" Y/n! "

I turned to see Akane running towards me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

   " Y/n wait! "

   " What? "

   " You hung up on my call the other day. "

   " For good reason. Akane you're right we shouldn't be friends anymore. I can't be friends with someone who lost herself because of a boy. "

   " Y/n he rejected me! "

   " That's not my problem! The problem is how you acted when Miro died. You didn't care at all! Now leave me alone Akane. "

I walked away from Akane and went straight to the rooftop on the building. I set my bag down and pulled my phone out. I dialed the bank's number. I waited for someone to pick up and someone finally picked up. 

   " Hi, how can I help you? "

   " I need to talk to C. J. William. "

  " Alright I'll let him know please hold. "

I waited again and the ringing got annoying so I sat down and waited for the ringing to stop. It eventually did and I heard C. J. William's voice on the other end of the line.

   " Hello? "

   " Hi, Mr. William's this is Y/n. I was wondering if the machine was fixed? "

   " I am afraid not. The machine seems to have gotten worse and can not be fixed. So I am afraid we will have to take the house back and have the bank own it. "

   " You can't be serious "

   " I am afraid so. We will try and get this issue resolved, but there's nothing we can do but repossess the house. Goodbye Y/n."

He hung up on me and I let my phone leave my ear. I looked towards the sky and tried to calm down. I started thinking about where I could live. I couldn't live with Akane because of everything that just happened. I couldn't live with Ryo because I didn't want to burden him or his family. I don't know where I could live. I didn't want to use the college money to use for an apartment, but it looks like I'll have to.

   " Y/n are you okay? You look pale. "

   " Oliver? "

   " Yeah, it's me. What's wrong? "

He crouched in front of me and his soft pink hair glistened in the sun. He looked me in the eyes and I could see concern written all over his face.

   " Nothing you need to worry about. "

   " Y/n you are my.....friend. I am allowed to be worried about you. "

   " Oliver it's just a lot of business problems. "

   " I am majoring in business. So I can understand whatever you tell me. "

   " Well....."

   " Tell me muse. "

   " What did you call me? "

    " I said please. Tell me, please. "

   " The bank is repossessing my house because my payments were malfunctioning in the machine they have. I don't know how to explain it. They have a machine at the bank that keeps up with house payments and it's broken. "

   " And since it's malfunctioning your payments are missing? "

   " Yes. I have to leave the house today. I don't know where I'm going to live. I have money I could use, but with my grades still missing I need to save the money for college."

   " You could live with me. "

   " I don't know Oliver. I don't want to intrude. "

My gut was telling me that it wasn't a good idea. I just felt like it wasn't a good idea. Like something could happen. But I had no other choice. I could save my college money and have a place to stay at the same time. 

   " Okay. Thank you, Oliver. "

   " Any time. I'll walk you to your house after school and you can gather what you need for tonight. Then tomorrow we can get everything else after school. "

   " Okay. Thanks again, Oliver. "

He helped me up and we heard the bell ring. We walked downstairs and left the roof. It was free time so I was going to go look for Ryo.

   " I'm going to go find Ryo. "

   " Wait! Can you come with me for a second? "

   " For what? "

   " I wanted to practice playing the piano and I was wondering if you would come with me and listen to me play and tell me how it sounds? "

   " But I was gonna tell Ryo where I'm moving to. "

   " Please, Y/n. I need some help with this piece I've been having trouble with it. "

   " O-Okay then. "

He grabbed my hand and started leading me towards a music room. I followed him but his hand was tight around mine. I tried to pull my hand out, but I couldn't. We walked into the music room and he sat on the piano stool. He set me beside him and he started playing the piano.

His fingers ran over the keys swiftly. His fingers pressed every key and moved to the next key. When he finished ( You don't have to play the full song. It's literally an hour long so you don't have to play the full song ) <>he looked at me.

   " How was I? "

   " You were wonderful Oliver. You play beautifully. "

   " Thank you. When I'm with people I feel like I play better than when I'm alone. "

   " Well, people like playing in front of others sometimes. "

   " Thanks. But whenever I am with you I seem to play better than with other people. "

   " That makes me feel special. Thanks, Oliver. I need to go free time is about to end and I need to get to class. "

   " Okay. I'll see you after school. "

   " Bye. "

I ran out of the music room and towards my next class. I didn't feel good about living in another house with Oliver, but It's all I had. I don't know why but Oliver made me feel a bit suspicious.