He's Been Alone

" Oh, I didn't know you had a brother. "

   " Yes. He came here with me a long time ago. Millon will be back in a couple of minutes and you can meet him. "

   " Okay. Thank you Mikasan. "

She bowed and then left the room. I walked out of the room as well and started walking around the large house. I followed the wall and traveled down the steps. As soon as I was downstairs I searched for the kitchen. I started in the big living room and looked at all the possible doorways. I took the first one which leads me to the library. Great.

   ' Not what I was looking for but it's a very impressive library. I'll come back to this later. '

I shut the door behind me and went through the next doorway. I pulled on the door handle but it seemed to be locked.

   " I wonder what's behind this door. " I asked 

I left it and walked to the middle set of double doors that was under the staircase. I heard voices on the other side and I leaned my ear against the door.

   " So, what ar eyou concerns about this new project? " I could hear Oliver's voice but it sounded different than what I'm used to. It sounded more strict.

   " We are just concerned that this contract you've wrote isn't going to work. We have read through the contract and we saw all the loopholes in the document. This contract won't work. The Shin Lee company won't sign it. They'll bring questions to you and ask about the loopholes. " A deeper voice said.

   " This won't be good for the company if you give them this contract. " Another voice said.

   " Gentleman this is exactly what I want. When the Shin Lee company see the loopholes they will think they have a way to get out of whatever they want, but what will really be happening is that they will be caught in our trap. As you can see here, here, and here these lines and articles stop the loop holes. They will fall through the loop hole and not see these lines at all. When they get caught we will bring these-"

I pulled my ear away from the door and decided to continue on through the mansion. There was only one doorway left and I opened it to see the kitchen. I walked further into the room and looked all around the kitchen. I walked to the refrigerator and opened the door. I grabbed a little snack and left the kitchen. I found the back doors and opened them. I stepped outside and looked around the backyard. It was a pretty good size garden. There was a little rose bush maze.

   " What's in the middle? "

I entered the maze and stuck to the right wall. I eventually got to the middle of the maze and saw a little white gazebo. There was nothing on or in the gazebo, but it still looked very elegant. I walked up the few steps that lead inside the gazebo. I twirled aorund inside the gazebo and looked at the sky. I realized that the sun was almost done setting. I gazed at the sunset until it faded and the sky turned a dark blue. Stars scattered the sky.

The cool night breeze blew my hair and gave me a sense of comfort

The cool night breeze blew my hair and gave me a sense of comfort. I starred at the sky and watched the stars. It felt like I could be calm and less tense out here. It was beautiful and light. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze blowing by me. 

   " Y/n! "

I opened my eyes and looked around me.

   ' It couldn't have been right behind me. It sounded further away. '

   " Y/n are you out here!? "

   " Oliver!? " I yelled back.

   " Where are you!? "

   " In the maze! "

After that he didn't yell back. Instead, I heard footsteps running around the maze.  Oliver's silhouette appeared in the rose doorway that lead me to the middle and to the gazebo. Oliver looked shaken and had sweat running down his head.

   " Oliver are you okay? "

   " I'm fine. I just got scared when I didn't see you anywhere around the house. "

   " Why where you so scared? "

   " I just thought you ran away. "

   " Why? You're lending me your home to stay in. I don't really have a reason to leave. "

   " Okay. I see you found the gazebo. "

   " I did. It's very elegant and peaceful. "

   " My father designed this. When my mother was still alive. This was her favorite spot to go to when she lived here. "

   " That's sweet of your father. "

   " It is. It's the only admirable thing I saw in him. "

   " What do you mean? "

   " After my mother died my father became depressed and eventually.........ended his life line. He didn't think of me at all. He just left. "

   " I'm so so sorry Oliver. "

   " It's fine. I went through the grieving stage and moved on. He wasn't the best father honestly. sometimes he would hit me because my hair reminded him of her hair since it was the same color. "

   " Oh I see. "

   " This place was a secret place for my mother and him. This gazebo is actually where he and my mother spent their wedding night. "

   " Really? "

   " Yes, they left the ball room and escaped out here. They danced out here alone together and enjoyed their time together. "

   " Sounds like they really loved each other. "

   " They did. "

Oliver joined me on the gazebo and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I was pulled against him. 

   " Oliver? "

   " Please let me just hold you like this. "

   " I'm sorry Oliver but Ryo wouldn't like this. "

   " He isn't here right now. He doesn't know. "

   " That may be true, but I don't cheat. I'm not that type of person Oliver, you know this. "

   " I see..."

I felt Oliver grab my waist and turn me around to face him. His eyes looked menacing. I felt a little scared as his forest green eyes starred into mine. 

   " Oliver? " 

   " Let's go inside my muse. It's getting cold. "

   " Okay? "

Oliver set his hand on the small of my back. He guided me out of the maze and towards the doors back inside.

   " Y/n why do you only see me as a friend? "

   " What do you mean? "

   " Y/n..."

We got inside and the back doors slammed behind me. I looked at Oliver and his green eyes pierced my E/c eyes. I felt my senses kick in and felt ready to flee.

   " Why do you not see me as more than a friend when I clearly see you as more!? "