The Kiss

I took my notebook out of my backpack and set it on my desk. I looked over at my friends and saw Miro kissing Oliver. I looked at Akane and she was as shocked as me. Oliver looked surprised as well. His eyes were open and his pupils were wide. Miro pulled away from Oliver and smirked at Akane. Akane stood up and ran out of class when the teacher walked in. I walked up to the teacher and asked,

   " Can I go check on her? "

   " Yes. "

I ran out of the class and ran towards the girl's bathroom. I opened the door and walked inside I saw Akane sitting on the floor crying. I walked towards her and crouched in front of her.

   " Akane. "

She kept weeping.

   " Akane, please. It's just a guy-"

   " It's not just some guy! He was my soulmate and Miro just kissed him. She stole him away from me. "

   " Akane-"

   " Don't Akane me b****! He liked you in the first place so just leave me alone. "

    " But-"

   " Leave!"

I stood up and left Akane alone. If she didn't want me helping her I wouldn't help her. It was over some guy it wasn't that bad. I walked back to class and sat down in my usual seat not saying a word to Oliver or Miro. When the bell rang I stood up and left the room quickly. I walked to my next class and sat in my usual seat. Jun sat in front of me and he turned towards me.

   " So you met Ryo. "

   " Yeah, he's my neighbor. "

   " Nice. I didn't know you met him until he told me last block. You two seem to be close. "

   " Well, he's cheered me up and been my friend when Miro and Akane left me. I would say we are close. "

   " I'm glad. Don't hurt him though alright? His heart is gentle but strong. "

I nodded and started taking notes. Soon enough it was time for lunch. I walked to the cafeteria and sat at my usual table with Miro, except Akane was gone.

   " Have you seen Oliver Y/n? "

   " No, I haven't. Is he not here yet? "

   " No. Can you help me look for him? "

   " Sure. "

We stood up and we walked out of the lunchroom. We split up and the first place I looked was the music room. I opened the door and Oliver was inside sitting on the piano bench. I walked inside and shut the door behind me. he didn't acknowledge me at all. He looked a little sad. I walked towards the piano and sat beside him. Neither of us spoke. It was quiet. Oliver lifted his hands and started playing the piano. I could hear the rain start to fall outside of the huge windows in the music room. ( The song is also above )

I listened to his beautiful piano music and realized it mixed with the rain and it was a sad song. When Oliver stopped playing I put a hand on his shoulder.

   " Oliver, what's wrong? "

   " Miro kissed me. I.....I..... "

   " You didn't want her to kiss you? "

   " No, the girl I liked was in there and saw it. "

   " Oh, I'm so sorry Oliver. "

He didn't say anything. He turned towards me and hugged me. I hugged him back and rubbed his back. My attempt to comfort him worked. He relaxed in my arms and then he pulled away. His green eyes stared into my E/c eyes. I felt mesmerized. 

   " What is it, Oliver? "

    " I....I..."

I tilted my head and waited for him to speak when I heard the door open. Miro walked inside and smiled when she found Oliver. I stood from the bench and left the music room. I walked along the hallways and I saw Ryo standing by the courtyard door.

   " Hey, Ryo. "

He turned towards me and I realized he was soaked. I laughed a little at him.

   " Why are you soaked? "

   " I was eating in the courtyard with Jun when the rain started pouring. "

   " Now you are soaked. "

   " So are you. "

   " What? "

Then he hugged me. The cold water soaked into my uniform and I shivered. 

   " Ryo! "

   " Yes, N/n? "

   " You are freezing. "

   " Well, it's cold inside the building so it was warm in the courtyard. When I get wet and came inside I got cold as well, so now we are cold together! "

   " Let go! "

   " Never! "

I felt him pick me up bridal style and he walked outside towards the courtyard. 

   " No, Ryo! "

   " Ryo, Yes! "

The rain started hitting me and I started getting soaked. Ryo set me down and started running around the courtyard. I ran after him hoping to catch him.

   " Ryo get back here! "

   " You'll have to catch me. "

I decided to stop running and I stood under the tree in the center of the courtyard. It helped shield the rain a little. Ryo stood beside mend stopped running.

   " Couldn't catch me? "

   " No, I just had to lure you here. "

I pushed him and he fell but he grabbed my arm and pulled me with him. We landed on the ground with me on top of him. We laughed and then I got off of him. I helped him stand and we stood under the tree.

   " Now we are both soaking. "

   " Great. I have no other uniform. "

   " It'll be fine N/n. "

We leaned against the tree and watched the rain. We still had a lot of time before lunch ended. Ryo got off of the tree and looked at me.

   " Y/n I don't think I have had this much fun in a long time. "

   " I can agree with that too. Thanks for being there for me when no one else was Ryo. I really really appreciate it. "

I hugged him and he hugged me back. His grip was tight and I felt safe in his arms. He leaned back a little bit and he lifted one of his hands to my face. He caressed it gently and then he leaned down and softly connected our lips.