Failing or Passing

I woke up yawning and to the smell of food. I stood up and got changed into my school uniform and walked downstairs. I saw Ryo in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

   " I didn't know you could cook. "

   " You never asked. It'll be done in a few seconds. Just take a seat at the island. "

I nodded and sat in one of the bar stools at the island. Ryo set a plate full of food in front of me. I started eating and he sat beside me and joined me. The food was delicious.

   " This is really good Ryo! "

   " Thanks. I enjoy cooking so I cook dinner for my parents and myself. "

   " Well, whenever you are over here you are cooking for me. "

   " Wow, that's assertive. "

   " I have to be with this cooking. It's delicious. "

   " You better hurry and finish it because we have to leave for school. "

   " Got it. "

I scarfed down the rest of the food and stood up. I put the dishes in the sink and grabbed my backpack. Ryo set his plate in the sink and we started leaving the house and walking towards the school. It was quiet as we walked to school. We only made small talk here and there. When we got to school we said goodbye and separated. I walked to my first class and sat down. I waited for the bell and I remembered that we took a test not to long ago. 

   ' I probably failed. '

   " Hey, Y/n. "

I looked over and saw Oliver sitting beside me. He didn't look like he had enough sleep and he looked exhausted.

   " Oliver are you okay? You look really tired. "

   " I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I kept having nightmares. "

   " Nightmares about what? "

   " The girl I was crushing on. She left me for another guy. "

   " That's not good. Have you told her yet? "

   " No, I haven't. We've been a little distant and I'm trying to get back to being closer to her. "

   " Well, good luck. "

The bell rang and the teacher stood up from his seat. 

   " Alright, class I have your test results ready to hand out. Some were good but some were bad. "

He walked around the class giving everyone their tests. When he handed Oliver his test I could see Oliver sigh in relief. He made a 100. When the teacher handed me mine I felt like crying. I made a 65. I turned my paper over and tried to hold my sadness. 

   " Now that you all have your tests we will be moving on to the next chapter. I expect some of you to get your head in the game and start studying. " ( #Highschoolmusical )

I wrote my notes down through the class and made sure to pay attention. I needed to pass the next few tests to raise my grade back up. I felt something hit my head. I turned around and saw there was a paper ball on the floor. I took the ball and opened it to see a note inside. 

   ' dense '

I set the note in my pocket to throw away later, but more kept coming. They were all saying mean words, but I didn't listen to any of them. I would just keep them to throw away later. I heard the bell ring and I stood up to gather my things.

   " Ms. L/n I need to see you for a minute. "

   " Is there something you needed? " I asked the teacher once I stood at his desk.

   " Your grade was very low this time. Usually, you make the highest grades in the class. This time you made the lowest. What happened that day of the test? "

   " The day before I found out my fiance died and my friends were acting ballistic. They thought I was trying to steal their crush. I was exhausted the next day with all the commotion that went on. "

The teacher took a little time to think. He didn't say anything immediatly, but I could tell he wanted to say something.

   " Y/n I don't normally do this, but I'm making an exception for you. I will let you retake the test. "

   " Really!? "

   " Yes. This school is unfair to the students, truth be told. Normal schools let a kid be gone for a week when a sibling or loved one died, but this school doesn't allow that. So I'll let you retake it tomorrow. "

  " Thank you thank you thank you! "

   " Like I said I don't offer this to everyone. I barely offer it at all. So, study. "

   " I will, thank you. "

I ran out of his class and walked to my next class. I took my seat beside Oliver, miro, and Akane. I was so excited to tell them what happened. What I didn't know was that They were all a little busy.