Epilogue

You guys have the most interest names for your reading lists! So this IS, unfortunately, the last chapter, so savor it! I'll be posting other things every other day, such as facts about the book and such.

Epilogue

*A few years later*

I was going to kill him. The second he walked through our bedroom door, he was as good as dead. He wouldn't be able to sweet talk or reason his way out of this one.

I'd been pacing the room earlier, but then I realized that pacing around wasn't going to give me the same satisfaction as seeing Kendall suffer would. So I decided to wait here until he showed up, unprepared and defenseless.

I looked around the room that hadn't changed so much over the years. The photographs still lined the walls, but now there were new additions. There were several from Raelynn and Lex's wedding, which had been beyond beautiful. There were even a few of that baby girl Lex wouldn't let touch the ground. They said mothers could be a tad overprotective, but Lex surely hadn't heard that.

There was one for Lance, who smiled with a dangerous glint in the picture. We visited him each year and brought him flowers. Sometimes, Kendall would go without me because he felt guilty for not attending the funeral he paid for and not attending any of the guards' funeral. I told him the doctors would've never let him leave, that he didn't have a choice. But it didn't change his perspective, no matter how hard I tried.

Glancing at the nightstand brought both a smile and a frown on my face. The damn nightstand had been the reason for many breakups between the two of us and was sure to be the cause of many more. It would certainly help if Kendall wasn't so dense and understood the meaning of no.

In the center, but tilted towards the bed, was a picture of Kendall and me. It'd been the only picture I told Kendall it was okay to keep and had been taken at Raelynn and Lex's wedding.

By the picture, you would've thought we were the ones getting married. It was a close-up of the two of us smiling, only our heads shown. My hair was up, an Amaryllis tucked behind my ear, given by Kendall. My eyes were glancing up; my head tilted as Kendall's smile touched my forehead, frozen there forever. It reminded me that no matter how many hard times we had, there were always a dozen memorable ones to make up with.

On the edge of the nightstand, there was a black velvet box sitting there, gazing at me with disappointment, which I met with a harsh frown. I knew inside was a large diamond ring pleading to be held and stroked. It was beautiful, but I still wasn't ready.

I'd told Kendall no the first time, which had saddened him, but he'd understood. But the few times after that, he wasn't as lenient. He'd tell and then I would, which would end with one of us telling the other that the relationship was over. It's been the main cause for any of our unhappiness.

Then, I'd find myself alone in our room, unable to sleep. The first time had been the worst, the others not far behind. But within hours, every single time, the door would crack open, close, and then the bed would dip and soothing arms would wrap around me. He would whisper apologies that I would quiet with my own before we both decided we were fine.

The last time I'd rejected Kendall, he decided he was done. He told me he wasn't going to propose and that I would. I'd laughed at first, but realized he was completely serious.

The last was an addition of my own, one I'd just added a few minutes ago. The picture scared me but made me nervous and happy all at once. It was amazing what a simple photo could do.

My ears flickered, and I turned as the door opened and in walked my blue-eyed Prince. I watched as he took off his suit jacket, placing it on a nearby chair. He sighed, running a hand through his hair, his eyes holding a tired look before they met mine.

He gave me a weary smile as a fond look swam into his eyes, one I was sure he wasn't even aware of. But my arms were crossed and I didn't return his smile, causing confusion to settle in.

"What is wrong, my love? Have I done something?" He asked as he walked over, joining me on the bed.

"This is your fault," I said, unable to meet his eyes as my heart pounded. It was then I realized that I was terrified of his reaction.

His arms wrapped around me and I went closer, finding myself in his lap as I took as much comfort in his embrace as I could. I pressed my lips to his neck, feeling his own on my ear.

"Love, I do not understand. I do not recall saying something out of place or that could possibly anger you. Tell me what it is," he coaxed, but I remained quiet, knowing I couldn't do it.

I knew sooner or later he would see it, which gave me no reason to speak, especially when I was too petrified to. So I would savor the moment right now but possibly hurt Kendall if his next set of words weren't acceptable.

"Love, I-" he cut himself off, intensifying the suspense as the hand on my back froze, no longer moving. His breath had stopped, and I could swear his heart did too.

It seemed as if time despised me, playing its beloved tricks on me once again. It had warped, slowing down incredibly. It had slowed to the point where my twisted nerves were stretching thinner than possible.

"Kendall?" I called without pulling away. I wasn't ready to see his expression, not just yet. But he hadn't said a word and was worrying me.

He pulled away, still speechless, as he went to the other side, closer to the nightstand. His hand picked up the newest addition, his other grazing over the glass as if to touch the picture itself.

"When did you find out?" He asked softly, mixed emotions running through his voice. He sounded both wondrous and in awe at the simple picture.

"I just came back from the hospital wing," I replied, looking down at my nails that were nervously rubbing the edge of my shirt.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, neither of us looking at the other. Was he afraid of my reaction, or was he afraid to tell me his thoughts? Either way, it looked like I wouldn't get my chance to kill Kendall because suspense would kill us both.

Kendall gently placed the photo frame on the bed, and I felt his eyes on me. But mine looked towards the door in response, choosing to glance the other way. It wasn't long before I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me against his firm chest.

"Then we are-" he started, his sentence trailing off, neither of us able to say it out loud.

"If you tell me it isn't going to work or that you aren't ready, I'll kill you on this bed," I said stiffly, my emotions swaying left and right.

I felt his hand slide under my shirt, fluttering over my stomach, and I tensed. I felt his lips on my hair, pressingly lightly against it.

"Is this a sufficient reason for marriage?" He asked and I frowned, not in the mood for the amusement in his voice.

I hit his shoulder before saying, "This is serious, Kendall! We aren't having a shotgun wedding just because I'm pregnant!"

We both froze at the word, but within a few seconds, Kendall's lips turned up into a warm smile.

"We are having a child, my love," he whispered before pressing his lips against mine.

I reluctantly kissed him, but my lips created a smile of their own. "I love you," I said and his smile grew.

"And I you, my Amaryllis." It was then I realized the two of us would be just fine, no matter what happened.