Chapter Two.

Chapter Two:

I had never felt so disoriented in my life, especially when waking up. My head pounded against my skull, threatening to crack it wide open when the signal was given. My eyes didn't open as I'd like them too, but when I paid attention to my surroundings, I decided that was for the best.

I could feel something binding my wrists tightly together, along with my legs. I tried moving them but was rewarded with a sharp pain. I could feel a thick material around me, keeping my bare body from the eyes of those around me. I realized I was no longer a wolf, but a human. I must've shifted right before I blacked out or something, which wasn't unusual. I remembered my mom telling me that wolves sometimes did so when they're so focused on their fear that they lost control of their wolf form.

I decided keeping my eyes closed was the best thing to do, despite my instincts to open them. I could feel my body jerking, quickly rising before slamming back to the surface where I lay. This happened a few more times before I realized I was most likely in a van. There was enough space for me to lie down, but it wasn't on some seats.

The occasional shuffling of boots and steady breathing gave away that I wasn't alone back here. I could only guess they were the surveillance to make sure I didn't do something like try to escape. This only heightened my fear, but I kept my eyes closed knowing nothing good would happen if I opened them.

It was much longer before the van slowed down, pulling to a full stop. I could hear those around me murmuring before they opened the door, some jumping out of the van while a few remained. I finally opened my eyes and almost wished I hadn't.

I watched as they brought two unconscious people into the van, dumping them beside me without a care. They both had jackets placed on them like I did and were completely knocked out. Following them were two white wolves, both of whom were unconscious as well. All of them were restrained in some way, the two wolves more restricted than the rest of us.

Once everyone was inside, they closed the van doors and were off again. With four other prisoners, six people on "surveillance," and me, it was crowded. The van heated up quickly and I was pressed closely to one of the wolves that was knocked out.

My ears began ringing and my vision blurred as I realized what was happening. It was all starting to add up, starting to show that what my mother had said was true. They hadn't been fables or silly stories to scare us; they were humans kidnapping werewolves. And it was all happening to me right now because I'd been too naive to believe it was real.

My instincts told me to growl at them, to let them know just what they were dealing with. I was going to give them as much hell as I could while I was tied up. The others may be unconscious but I was sure when they woke, we could stir up enough racket together.

Their eyes whirled towards me, widening when they realized I was awake. A few yelled at me to shut up before they began drawing weapons from their waist. My growls subsided as I realized I couldn't take on six of them, not alone. So for now, I would be quiet. Once the others woke up, I had to do something. I knew where we were headed wasn't going to be pleasant.

I watched, refusing to take my eyes off them now that they were open. Some looked at me with disgust while most seemed smug, knowing I couldn't do anything while I was tied up. They thought they were in a higher position than me. They may be for the moment, but it wasn't going to last long. They could smirk all they wanted. Once I was free, they were going to wish for death.

"Ya' know, if she wasn't a werewolf, she might be pretty cute," one murmured, nudging the guy next to him. His friend nodded before they both laughed, still looking at me.

My lip curled back as I bared my teeth at him, a silent growl running through me. The sight of my slightly elongated canines caused them to pale before they bowed their head, unknowingly acknowledging my dominance.

The ride was like that for the rest of the way. With each passing minute, my heart began beating faster, threatening to take off. Sweat formed on my forehead as the tension blanketed me and covered everyone else.

I could feel relief and budding hope as they others began stirring, slowly waking up. They all seemed confused as I had been, wondering where they were going. The two wolves were yelled at and threatened until they shifted, giving up their wolf forms in trade for the silence. They too were given jackets before we were all told to sit in the very back.

The girl beside me had started crying and I could feel myself breaking. My mind had conjured up that our destination didn't matter because we would all be out of here soon enough. But her tears brought me back to reality, informing me that we were in the darkest depths we could possibly be in.

I didn't know where we were going, but I was sure wherever we were headed wasn't going to be filled with sunshine and rainbows. It was more likely that this, being in the van, was going to be the easy part. Tears brimmed my own eyes, but I refused to give in. I wouldn't let them know how scared I was. They didn't deserve that.

The van began slowing down once more, for the final time. I could feel adrenaline pump through me while the final ray of hope revealed itself. We were there based on the guys' reactions. They were excited, some muttering about the time while others began stretching.

I didn't know our destination, but I did know one thing: I was going to fight even if it killed me in the process.

The back of the van shuddered as the doors swung open, blinding us all with the sun's light. I covered my eyes like everyone else in the van, hope draining as I realized how long I'd been in the van. But once their eyes readjusted, they were quick to begin filing us out, regardless of how we felt.