Chapter Thirty (Kendall)

Thank you JenJen_1777 for creating the ship name Snowken. So it is now between Snowken and Kenflake!

Chapter Thirty

Kendall's POV

To say that she was infuriating was very much an understatement. A woman similar to her was too extraordinary and complex to even be compared to such a simplistic word. She, my Snowflake, was more ineffable than anyone I had been acquainted with in my life.

One moment, she was reaching towards me, a tenderness rimming her eyes, leaving me to assume she felt as I felt towards her. However, when I attempted to draw a confession from her, she only closed me out in return. It was then I realized I had only succeeded in making a fool of myself.

Snowflake was the type to go as she pleased. Under certain circumstances, such as the one I unexpectedly presented her with, she was not likely to reveal her secrets to those around her. No, she would reveal only what she desired you to know and only when the timing was in her favor. That closed-off aspect she held so closely to herself angered me.

I had taken the risk and attempted to lead our conversation in the direction we had both avoided and stalled for too long. I had thought about it for some time and rehearsed the conversation within my thoughts. I had been prepared for any given scenario and was more than willing to fight against her had rejection been her chosen path. However, indecisiveness was not a course I had taken under consideration.

I was known for being a Gordon boy and knew well of the reputation my brothers and I had. I also happened to know I upheld my end of the reputation exceedingly well. I had executed many deals, earned several well-known clients, and installed respect into even those who held hatred towards me. Unfortunately, when it came to my Protector, my goals and rumored traits seemed to disappear.

When it came to her, I was no longer in control. Just as I planned the next footsteps, she swayed and I was no longer ahead. Just when I suspected I may have earned her affection, she pulled away.

I had tried to verbally convey my emotions towards her gently as I feared doing so any other way would scare her, but she had interrupted me. She had stalled the long-awaited conversation further for her own selfish reasons. She had not even considered listening to me. So I simply dealt into her game and kicked her out.

I had thought perhaps after the kiss we had shared, she would come to the realization that I felt as she had in the forest and listen to reason. However, Snowflake was the one factor that I considered unpredictable for a valid reason. She had proved the theory correct in my office.

I had taken her animalistic side into consideration, but I could not bring myself to care for the opinion of others, even just this once. I had done everything in my life in the utmost correct ways and never gave into the temptation women presented, as Calyx freely did. I had never given into a dirty deal, as my father had many times. I had sacrificed much for what I had but was not willing to sacrifice her.

Snowflake was something I had not predicted for my future. She unknowingly held beauty but never used it to her advantage as so many other women did. She prided herself over her large canines and thick claws, yet she was innocent. She has had more than enough chances to kill me, yet she had almost sacrificed her own life for mine. Most of all, she was the one person I would easily give my own life for.

I had planned to ignore her until she was prepared to share her emotions with me. I had been satisfied with the plan, however, Snowflake was my blind spot as I mentioned. I had still been furious with her when I fell asleep, but I then heard her screams. It was around then that I realized I would always find myself returning to her.