Chapter Thirty Four

I will be doing a story for each Gordon boy!

Chapter Thirty Four

"And how exactly did you get permission to stay here?"

Nolan's room was decent for someone who was only staying temporarily, better than the guards' rooms. It didn't out beat mine or anything, but it was really nice for someone who didn't respect Kendall.

"It's part of the perks, darling. I show him my good side while I stay and get this room," Nolan replied, sprawled out on the bed.

I sat on the edge, studying him. "What kind of deals did you make with Kendall?" I asked casually, but Nolan gave me a knowing smile.

"Are you afraid it had something to do with you? You have yet to capture everyone with your temptation," Nolan murmured, closing his eyes.

I slid down on the bed, resting my head on his shoulder. I pushed down the collar of his thin shirt slightly, my finger tracing the Amaryllis that bled on the right side of his chest, a pattern I had memorized a long time ago. "You did," I replied, and he smirked.

"Yes, and I'm reminded of it every day after a shower," Nolan said, his eyes still closed. This was the side of him I missed. It was the carefree side that decided to daringly get a tattoo for me one late evening.

"Why didn't you get it removed?" I asked. I wouldn't have kept it if our positions were changed.

"Because it was a daily reminder that somewhere out in the world, there was a flower infatuated by me, not my looks or charm. It reminds me that there's a girl that can put me under her spell with the simplest smile," he said softly, his eyes now open.

I smiled in return, causing his fingers to graze my lips. "Ah, there it is, that captivating smile," he whispered, making me pull away abruptly.

Nolan was making it difficult for me to remember why we would never work out. He could charm anyone, but right now, he wasn't using that charm. I could easily detect the difference.

This was just Nolan, nothing else. It was him speaking without realizing the effect his words had on me. He was only answering my question, yet I was forgetting about a few important things, including Kendall.

"The items for tomorrow night are in the top drawers," Nolan said lazily, but I wasn't fooled. I knew he'd been watching me ever since I'd pulled away.

I stood up and went towards the drawers, grateful for any distraction. I opened them and found a folded uniform taking up its own drawer. I closed it and focused on the other, which held a pair of regularly shaped keys and a thick chain that was attached to a steel collar only a key could open.

I grinned excitedly, turning towards Nolan. "This means I'm in charge, right? I mean, you are going to be in a collar and everything. And I could accidentally lock you in one of those cells if you decide to press my buttons," I said, watching with satisfaction as his eyes narrowed and he let out a growl.

I made a tsking sound, enjoying this moment too much. "Don't test me, sweetheart. I'm a very forgetful person," I said, causing his growl to subside, but his eyes were still narrowed.

I just grinned, sending him a wink. "I have to go. Be a good boy while I'm gone and I won't forget about you tomorrow," I said, laughing softly as the door cut off his snarl.

Nolan and I had decided that sooner was better than later for the escape plan and that tomorrow was perfect. Tomorrow, there were no special events or official meetings. So the guards wouldn't pay extra attention to everything, and I had nowhere particular to be.