Chapter Thirty Nine (Snowflake)

This chapter has what Snowflake said at the end :) I accidentally forgot to copy and paste it in the last chapter haha. Update: I took it off so y'all would have to suffer like the first readers ;) although they didn't have this chapter to read right after smh.

Chapter Thirty Nine

Snowflake's POV

After a while, Nolan and I parted ways. Our shared silence and his words had relaxed me, but once I was outside the room, I could feel my muscles coiling again and my relaxed period of time slowly dwindling. So I decided paying a visit to Alex might help me somehow.

I found Alex in the kitchen, humming a cheerful melody absentmindedly. He always looked like the happiest person on Earth when I saw him. It was almost as if everyone went through life complaining and moaning about their problems, and Alex only focused on what he loved: cooking.

It looked like he'd already started the dinner course, although lunch was barely beginning. It made me realize how dedicated he was to his job and just how much he did on a daily basis.

Alex looked up from the pot he'd been intently studying before his eyes found me and a genuine smile lit up his face. "Miss lady! I've missed your company; come closer!" He said brightly and I found myself smiling in return as I went over.

"Do you ever take breaks?" I teased him as he lightly sprinkled spices into the pot, its thick aroma enticing.

"A chef doesn't need breaks from his true love, miss lady." He said with a wink before adding, "They force me to take ridiculous breaks to touring sites."

I placed a hand over my heart, giving a dramatic gasp. "How dare they!" I said, and Alex laughed in response.

"I agree with you; however, I'm sure it's not what brought you here," he said and I grinned.

"Can I not come to visit my favorite chef?" I answered, pretending to be offended.

"Of course, you can, but I have a feeling your presence involves Prince Gordon," Alex whispered as if Kendall would hear him and pop up out of nowhere.

Kendall actually wasn't the reason I was here, but it did remind me that I was annoyed with him too. His bipolar act was going to be the reason he ended up struggling to breathe from under my hands.

"Why do you think it's about Kendall? He isn't the only one I talk to," I asked and Alex shook his head, still smiling.

"I don't usually listen to the gossip the maids spread. It only creates drama that I want nothing to do with. But I heard them talking about you and Prince Gordon. They said a guard caught the both of you rather close in his garden," Alex explained and I frowned.

I'd forgotten about the guard and thought he wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone about what he saw. But apparently, I was wrong. He, just like everyone else but Alex, enjoyed the way news was spread and contorted until it was no longer true.

"And what do you think about it?" I asked, expecting a gentle warning about the dangers of a werewolf and a human. But that wasn't what I received.

"I think two opposites make for the perfect person. You both set one another off and create a balance that millions search for but aren't lucky enough to find. I think you should keep him close miss lady, and he would be a fool if he didn't do the same."

I smiled faintly at his words because, in a way, they were true. I had an attitude that never seemed to faze Kendall, and he had an ego big enough for the both of us, yet I made sure he realized he wasn't too big to be taken down once and a while.