Fine Line

"I've worn blue too much to premiers this year , what about the green one?" I motioned to Tara who had dozens of  suites laid out across the bed

"I've worn blue too much to premiers this year , what about the green one?" I motioned to Tara who had dozens of suites laid out across the bed.

"You wore green when you proposed to Brooke and theirs a bunch of photos of it, try this one on" she handed me a creme colored tux. It was very old Hollywood looking which I liked.

"Is she talking to you yet?" Tara crossed her arms and waited by the door as I changed.

I shook my head " No, I don't blame her for being mad at me. I lied to her and told her I had already shredded it"

"Why didn't you shred it?" Tara passed me some ties to try on.

"She was in Paris for a photo shoot and she reminded me but I was in the car on the way to the studio and it was easier for me to tell her on the phone that it was done then to tell her that I would do it later. When I got back to the house I just didn't remember to do it" I held back my frustration.

"Niall, its gonna work out" Tara pulled a pair of Yves Saint Laurent loafers out of a box.

"I don't know if it is Tara, someone has proof that I'm not Ireland's father. Once that comes out then the other stuff comes out, the threesome, everything else we have been trying to hide for the last year" I adjusted my tie.

"Try this one on" She passed me another suit

"Yeah I dont like this one either" I laughed "Okay, third times hopefully a charm" I grabbed the suit from her.

"Who do you think stole it?" She whispered through the door again.

"I don't know. My only thought is that they heard me talking to Ireland about their being a secret and one of them decided to look through the house to find the evidence. Whoever it was knew where they were going though."

"Yeah, the crew is the only thing that makes sense" she looked at me and stood me in front of the floor length mirror. "I love this one, do you like it?"

"Classic black tuxedo. Definitely looks the best" I turned in the mirror to see every angle.

"Tara can you..." Brooke walked into the room in her robe, holding Kade. "Sorry, I thought you had already left" Brooke looked at me with hurt in her eyes.

"Was just finishing picking my tux and then heading out" I laced my shoes "Pop tart, can we talk?"

"Not right now. I put your laundry on the top of the dryer so you can get all packed up for your first stop in Nashville tomorrow" she walked away

"Brooke wait" I followed her down the hallway

"Niall. I don't want to talk right now. It's too fresh. I will forgive you but I'm mad that you lied about it. We had someone come here and gave her a check to keep this out of the press and you kept the one document that had every shred of evidence in it that was needed. I don't know how that couldn't have been important to you" Brooke wiped a tear from her eye