Daddy's Little Girl

Ireland Jade Horan- 5.1 LBS 16"
Kade Niall Horan- 5.3 LBS 17"

Niall stood by the side of the bed holding my hand "You got this babe, one more push and one of them is out" he cheered

I couldn't even feel the pain, the epidural worked great. I was just getting tired and could feel the sweat dripping down my face. I gave one final push and heard the room erupt with crying.

"Baby boy is out Brooke" the nurse smiled up at me "Let's get the girl out now" She gave me strength with her words.

"Push. You got this" Nialls eyes were glazed over. He was holding back happy tears.

"Here she comes" the nurse lifted her up so that I could see her. "Congratulations momma, you did great!"

The nurse rested both babies up against my chest. They immediately stopped crying and nuzzled into me.

"Oh my god" tears streamed down my face "they are so little" I kissed their little faces.

Nialls face was leaned down against my neck so his face was just inches from there's.

"Here hold one" I picked one up off my chest and handed it to Niall. "Not sure who I handed you" I laughed.

"Here let me help with that" the nurse placed a pink bow hat on Ireland and a blue one on Kade.

"Do we have names for these babies?" The nurse asked

"I'm holding Kade" Niall smiled- and Brookes got Ireland"

"Beautiful names. I'll be back to help you feed in a bit." The nurse left the room to give us some privacy.

"You did it" Niall smiled down at Kade. "He has the brightest blue eyes and definitely my nose"

"Like a little mini Niall" I looked over at Kade "Kade Niall Horan" since he looks so much like daddy.

"Lets switch" I reached for Kade

Niall picked up Ireland and held her close "she looks just like you"

"She hasn't opened her eyes yet" I yawned "I'm exhausted and I feel like I ran a marathon"

"I can't believe your body could make these two little angels" Niall kneeled down to kiss me

The nurse walked back in the room "Were ready to take the babies for testing while you guys enjoy your dinner."

"Dinner?" Niall questioned

"Here's the celebration menu. Pick whatever you want and we will have it delivered up" the nurse handed me a menu and took Kade from my arms.

"Lobster tail and filet? At a hospital?" I laughed

The nurses came back and Niall did skin to skin with the babies. I took a bunch of pictures and posted them to social media. We both took turns bottle feeding the babies and the nurses took them back to finish their testing. The lights turned off and I could hear Nialls soft snores next to me.