Birthday Girl

Brooke and I traveled to New York City

Brooke and I traveled to New York City. She had lots of  shoots and I tried my best to focus on my music, spending time in the studio. We didn't spend much time together running from one gig to the next.

I wanted to surprise her for her 25th birthday and had been working out a way to get some of her friends and mine into town so that we could all celebrate. We purchased an insane condo that overlooked the city and couldn't wait to show it off.

Since the night in the hotel with Harry I didn't want him around Brooke. Especially since on the phone he made it seem like he wanted to be with her again. I was gonna finally propose to her and I wasn't going to let him get in the way of that.

"Pop-tart, you almost ready" I knocked on the bathroom door

"Yeah, I still don't know why you want me to dress up so nice though"

"I told you it is a surprise!"

Brooke stepped out with her hair curled to the side. She was dressed in a silk black dress with diamond studs on the shoulders. She looked hot.

"Let me get my heels on and we can go" she walked over to the closet and the doorbell rang.

"Was that the door?" She looked at me confused.

"Yeah, I will go get it, you just stay here. Put on that necklace I bought you in London, that would look great with that"

I walked out to the front hallway and opened the door putting a finger to my mouth. Everyone walked in quietly. Louis, Liam, Cami and a couple more of Brookes friends I didn't recognize.

"Go hide behind the couches and I will turn the lights off" I whispered

"Hey Mate!" Harry stumbled into the entryway right as I was about to shut the door" Must have been too busy to invite me eh? You know I wouldn't miss Brooke's birthday, Louis let me know about it. No worries. How ya doing Nialler?" I couldn't tell if he was upset or if he really thought I had just forgotten to invite him.

"Niall! Everything okay?!" Brooke yelled down the staircase

"Yeah! You can come on down" I yelled back up to her as I turned the lights off.

"Coming" she walked out into the hall "Why is it so dark?"

"SURPRISE! everyone jumped up

"Oh my god!!" Brooke stumbled back in shock and then a smile was spread across her lips so I knew she was happy.

"Hey Victoria Secret Model" Cami pulled her in for a hug

Brooke saw the two girls standing behind Cami.

"Hannah Banana!" She hugged a shorter blonde girl.

"Hey B! This is crazy, I can not believe you live here and with that hunk of a man" she eyed me, was this girl seriously checking me out right in front of Brooke?