Wrong Number

I watched Brooke walk to set and picked up my phone

"Yellow!" Harry answered

"Harry. Want to tell me why Brooke is high as a fucking kite on set?" I walked to the back door and out to the ally way so no one could hear me arguing.

"Calm down Niall"

"Calm down? Harry, do you not realize that you are making Brooke an addict?"

"An addict? Niall, you can't get addicted to E. She's had a rough few months just let her breathe, shit"

"Are you trying to give me advice on how to treat my girlfriend now?" I was seething.

"Look. I'm just saying. She's wound up tight and anxious. If the ecstasy is helping her relax a little what's the harm?"

"Just stay away from her!" I yelled into the phone

"You act like you own her. She's a person Niall, she can do whatever the fuck she wants. I think she proved that to you last night"

"What the fuck does that mean?"

" Nothing Niall, forget it"

"No, I'm not gonna forget it. What the hell did you mean by that?"

"Whether we were high or not. We had a connection. Your my best friend mate. She's your girl. I get it. But I've got a busy life and I like to play it fast and loose. Wherever the wind blows ya know? Life's too short"

"You sounds like a fucking hippie. Just because you don't believe in relationships doesn't mean everyone else is like that"

"Between the two of us we could give her everything. I'm the total opposite of you. Wish you would just relax and stop trying to lock it down. We make a good team. She'd always be satisfied"

"Im so confused Harry, what are you trying to say?"

"Forget it. I'll see you soon. No more pills I promise."

"Bloody hell, no more pills!"

"We good?"

"Not gonna stay mad at you brother" I breathed into the phone. Although I was mad at Harry we practically grew up together and other than Louis, he was my best friend.

"Let me know when you come into town"

"You headed back to Manchester?" I looked up to see Brooke walking past the glass and towards the alleyway. I walked to the corner where she couldn't see me.

"Yep. Should be back in town tonight. Where you guys headed?"

"New York for a week or so. I need to record some new tracks and Brooke has a fashion show. I'll catch you later Harry she just got done shooting." I hung up the phone and peeked back around the alley way.

"Hey" I walked up to her "finished for the day?"

"Yeah. Benji said you walked outside on the phone angry at someone?" She pointed to the iPhone in my hand.

"It was nothing. Wrong number" I stuffed my hands in my back pockets. "So I'm guessing Harry gave you the ecstasy?"

"I'm sorry Niall" she opened up her purse and emptied it upside down, all of the pills fell to the pavement. "I'm done with this. I don't want anything to come between us." She wrapped me into a hug.