Puddle Jump

"You've had an ultra sound before then?" Emily asked

"Yeah. Awhile ago" I laughed

"Okay just lay back and lift your shirt up. Also if you could wiggle your jeans down just a little." She moved the wand around.

"How excitin!" Maura smiled at the screen

"Very healthy heartbeat. It's a good thing I went to tech school lol I haven't done an ultra sound in years, normally do the delivering side" Emily laughed as she moved the wand around. "Okay you want me to put the gender in an envelope then and I will bring it to the party with me?"

"Thanks again Emily, your party planning friend has really whipped this thing together in a matter of hours" I sat back up as she handed us the photos.

"You've been lovely Em" Niall gave her a side hug.

"Was no problem. I have the gender card and Lindsay (the party planner) will make the cake and prep the balloons with confetti. You guys will soon find out!" She rushed out "I need to go if I'm gonna finish getting everything ready by 5!"

"Bye" I waved as she exited the room like a tornado was coming.

"Such a nice girl. Glad Greg found her" Maura chimed in.

I handed Maura one of the photos "here, hang this on your fridge"

She leaned down and kissed me on the cheek "Thank you sweetheart. I will treasure this" She put the picture in her purse "Have you guys thought of any names?"

"Not really. I'm sure once we know if it's a boy or a girl we can really think about it more" I adjusted my tank top "Its so beautiful here in June".

"Absolutely the best." Niall breathed in the fresh air as we exited the hospital.

"Excuse me Niall?" A dr walked up.

"Yes? Would you like an autograph?" Niall asked

"Thanks! Actually there's a little boy in the critical care unit. He was in a very bad fire. Burns all over his body. He heard you were in the hospital and he was wondering if he could meet you. Big one direction fan"

"Oh wow. Poor little guy, of course he can" I took Niall by the hand and we entered the hospital again. This time we walked down a long cold hallway and past big double doors. The dr put his keycard up against the sensor and let us through.

"I should warn you, 80% of his body is covered in bandages. His whole family was on the upper floor but he was on the lower floor. The stove got left on and he was in the room next to the kitchen. We've been able to control his breathing but we're still not sure if he's gonna make it." The dr led us into the room where the little boy sat. "His names Declán"

"Hey there Declán. Came to visit ya. Would you like to hear a song?" Niall asked him.

The little boy nodded.