Just Here For The Sex

"You got the ring ready?" Tara asked as she pulled me down the hallway

"Had the damned thing for over a year" I laughed "I actually went back to Neil Lane and got a different one. That way she would be surprised" I leaned into my pocket and pulled it out.

"Shut up! Niall" Tara socked me in the arm "you have been carrying around a 2 million ring in your pocket?"

"1.4 million" I laughed "wasn't sure where else to put it?"

She ruffled my hair "God. Okay. It's gorgeous I like the round diamond more than the first one. This one has more character"

"Yeah I thought so too. Didn't want to present her with the same ring. Takes the surprise right out of it"

She shut the box and slipped it back to me.

"Oh forgot to tell ya! Tomo is coming tonight!"

She laughed "Oh good! Been hard to get all these people together. I have Jules, Shawn and Harry on a plane too!"

"Wait did you say Harry?"

"Yeah noticed we missed him on the list. Tried to get your new friend Lewis but he is doing shows in Australia. Luckily the others-"

I cut her off "Fuck. Harry is coming?"

"Well yeah of course. He's your best friend. Well besides Lou. Also got in touch with the party planner and the Tullynally Castle is almost ready. It's going to look amazing. The menu is incredible, got Brookes favorite white hydrangeas and black magic roses. Bringing in the best food- her favorite dessert creme brûlée.

"Shit imagine the wedding, if this is just an engagement party" I laughed.

"Yeah, as long as Brooke just still think it's a gender reveal we will be good!" Tara hugged me "speaking of Brooke, I should go check on her!"

"It fits" I could see Brooke through the crack of the door.

"Hey! No peeking Horan!" Tara scolded me as she shut the door.

"Anybody home!" I heard a yell from the staircase.

"Tomo!" I ran down the stairs and jumped on him. "Made good time!"

"So glad ya here mate. We got a problem" I grabbed Louis arm and led him into the kitchen.

"What da fucks going on mate?" He laughed.

"Harry is coming"

"Oh fuck." Louis eyes got big "Brooke know yet?"

"No. Tara just told me. She invited a bunch of people since she knows I'm proposin"

"Yeah! Tara told me the whole plan. How slick you are to have pulled off arranging that whole thing with Greg's bird. Is she even a dr?"

"Yes Lou!" I laughed "everyone at the table knew about it, including mum, we were just hoping Brooke would be okay with the gender reveal out here. She's got no clue I've been working on this for two months and Emily's party planner friend is really the best event planner in Mullingar"