In My Blood

"Pregnant?" Shawn slicked his hair back with his fingers

"Yeah" I shook my head.

"Where is she?" He adjusted his jean jacket and took another sip of his coffee.

"She didn't tell me where. It's a detoxing resort in Paris but I looked it up online and there's about a million of them. This is mad" I kicked my feet up on the coffee table.

"I'm glad you called man. I will help you find her"

"I don't know how, her phones turned off, her publicist doesn't know where she is and neither does any of her friends. I even called her shrink and she said it was client/patient confidentiality. Whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean"

"Sorry man. It's almost midnight, let's get started in the morning and head to bed"

"Thanks for letting me crash, you got a nice pad, Paris is amazing in the spring" I looked around at the view of Paris. The Eiffel Tower looked huge from his window. "There's no way I'm gonna be able to sleep" I shut the curtain.

"Yeah the time difference is a killer" he picked up his guitar and started playing. "You want to write?"

"S'alright, I got a lot in me head, not sure I can get it to paper" I laughed.

"How about a glass of whiskey and a notepad" he laughed back.

"Alright, we can try" he passed me another one of his acoustic guitars "she's already tuned up".

I hit the record button on my phone. He strummed a few chords and I started humming along, the words starting to come to me. " Help me, it's like the walls are caving in. Sometimes I feel like giving up. But I just can't, It isn't in my blood"

Shawn followed my lead. "Laying on the bathroom floor, feeling nothing. I'm overwhelmed and insecure, give me something. I could take to ease my mind slowly." He motioned to my glass of whiskey and I took a swig.

"Just have a drink and you'll feel better" I laughed.

"Just take her home and you'll feel better" he responded.

"Keep telling me that it gets better"

"But does it ever?" He joked back. "Damn that's good, did you write that down?"

"Recording it" I pointed to the phone in front of me.

"I like when you said it wasn't in your blood" he tapped his fingers on the table "what about we go back to the first verse, something like this.

Help me, it's like the walls are caving in. Sometimes I feel like giving up. No medicine is strong enough. Someone help me. I'm crawling in my bed... no, skin. I'm crawling in my skin. Sometimes I feel like giving up. But I just can't, It isn't in my blood, It isn't in my blood."

I added to it strumming a chord "I'm looking through my phone again, feeling anxious." I laughed and looked at the ceiling thinking about Brooke and how I haven't had any communication with her. " Afraid to be alone again, I hate this. I'm trying to find a way to chill, can't breathe, oh Is there somebody who could" I strummed slowly.

Shawn hit a strong chord and yelled "It isn't in my blood. It isn't in my blood. I need somebody now. I need somebody now. Someone to help me out. I need somebody now."

"That felt good to jam like that." I put down the guitar. "I think we really had something there with that tune. The beat was great"

"So, let's go record it!" He excitedly stood up with the guitar pick in his mouth.

"You take it. I don't want fans to hear a struggling break up song when I'm supposed to be happy with Brooke, they will start all sorts of rumors. Plus I had way too many ballads on my last album." I swigged the last of my whiskey down.

"Can I put you on as song writing credits?"

"Of course man. Let's get some sleep now. The whiskey relaxed me" he threw me a pillow from the hallway closet.

"Guest rooms up the stairs and too the left. I never have company so all the sheets are folded in the closet. See you in the morning, and don't worry bro will find her"

I looked at the glass coffee table to see a picture of Harry pop up on my phone.

"Harry's calling me?" I walked over to the table and picked it up as Shawn listened intently. "Hello"

"Nialler, we got a problem"

"Okay?"

"Brooke called me"

"Brooke called you?"

"Yeah she's in Paris"

"I know she's in Paris, Harry"

"She needs me to go down there and she wanted me to call you too because they took her phone when she checked in. This isn't gonna be easy to hear man" He took a breath. "She's pregnant"

"I know i found the test already. I flew out here to find her. Where does she want us to meet her at?"

"Tomorrow at the resort. They are letting us come visit her"

"And why did she call you instead of me?"

"Nialler this isn't the time to get all jealous. She didn't know you were in Paris"

"I'm not jealous. Whatever Harry. Just send me the address." I hung up the phone in anger and tossed it at the couch.

"Why did Brooke call Harry?" Shawn questioned.

"I fucked up bad man" I began pacing the floor

"What are you talking about?" Shawn walked over to me to get me to stop pacing the living room floor. "Spill" he sat me down on the couch.

"We had a threesome"

His mouth dropped to the floor "umm, ohh"

"Yeah I know, fucking stupid. We all got high on ecstasy and fucked up. That baby, could be Harry's" I shook my head

He picked up the container of Jack Daniels and handed it to me "you need this more than I do".