Starstruck 34. Ticking Clock

34. Ticking Clock

Time has become my number one enemy. Long ago, I used to count every second until I graduate and pursue my culinary dream. That was before I had the opportunity to meet and love Glace once again. Nowadays, I was simply wishing for the second arm of the clock to stop. To freeze us in this moment in time, so I could be with her in every waking second.

Unfortunately, life and time stopped for no one. It could either work for you or against you. In my case, it was proving to be more and more of the latter. I knew I was running out of time. Everything was settled- the college I would attend in France, the chef I would train under, the place I would stay in, even the clothes I would use was already packed and ready to go. All of these things were waiting for me. It was just a matter of time, hence my hate for it.

Glace understood it well. She too was a victim of time, for it would take her love away. But you know what? As soon as I leave for France, time would be a friend again. We would count the weeks, days, minutes, seconds, until time took pity on us, making us meet together in the future.

"So tell me," Tim said while bouncing up and down on the sofa in the living room. "Why are we wearing party hats again?"

"Because this is Dulce's going away party," Patty said patiently, scooping a large chunk of yogurt to feed Eris who was waiting with an open mouth.

"I know. But why the party hat?"

"That's because we're 13 years old today Tim," Glace said to my right, smirking at me for no reason. "Dulce and I agreed to catch up on as many dates as we could before she left. You won't really understand it."

"When I was 13," Eris spoke, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "I was busy discovering what a cat is."

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

Eris gave me a sly smile. "You know exactly what I mean. If this wasn't a PG-13 book or conversation," she said, giving Patty a pointed look. "The author would have already used the term puss. . ."

"Shut up Eris," Glace said in a rush. "I swear to God, you have a very dirty mouth." Eris giggled in response. When she turned to Patty, her smile froze, replaced by an apologetic look. She was definitely crazy for my best friend. Patty was the only one who could control her like that. I was glad. Someone would take care of Patts while I was gone. I just hope Denise would consider my wish when it came to Glace though.

Tim clapped his hands, making us turn to him. "I almost forgot," he said. "I have a gift for the lesbian."

"Me?" I asked, pointing to myself.

"Duh! Who else is there?" He rolled is eyes.

"Well all of us are lesbian's here, except for you."

"Maybe I'm a lesbian too," he giggled, his chinky eyes looking like an arched line. "No I'm not. I like boys. Anyway, back to the topic. I have a going away gift for you, all of us does." He grabbed his black backpack from the sofa and sat on the floor. "Come here guys, let's give her our gift." All of them followed him by sitting on the wooden floor, taking with them their bags.

Feeling curious, I completed the circle they created, sitting next to Glace on my right and Eris on the left. Tim unzipped his bag and took out an Ouija board, the one people used to summon spirits. "Don't break the circle," he said in a hushed tone as I was moving to get up.

I remained in my seat, glaring at him. "What the fudge Timmy?! I've heard about this kind of game. I'm not doing this with you." Turning to Glace I said in a warning tone, "Baby. . ." She shrugged and looked amused, but didn't ask Tim to stop.